• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Difference between Fallout 3 GOTY edition and regular

Satsui_Ryu

Distinguished Member
I believe the GOTY comes with all 3 Download content packs

There are 5 DLC packs, but yeah that's the only difference. Although, a pretty big difference it is. I would definitely go with the GOTY edition. There's a lot to love about the additional episodes.

Noggleboggleman

You could buy both versions, install the expansion packs onto your HD and than sell that one on, keeping the regular edition for the game disk, but having the GOTY content on your HD.

That's what I did with Oblivion, and I'd do it with Fallout if I didn't already have all the content.

I bought the regular version yonks ago when it came out, recently rented the GOTY edition and all the DLC comes on a seperate disc. Installed it, and my original disc still works. :smashin:

Broken_Hands

I heard the PS3 version doesn't work too well (buggy) for those who want to upgrade from standard to GOTY edition. Thankfully never had any problems with the 360 version.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom