1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between composite lead and normal phono lead

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by noel-pilot, Mar 26, 2005.

1. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all,

quick question for you, when i first bought my TW10H funds were very tight for cabling so I bought a good component lead for my xbox to projector which is 80% of my PJ usage and I bought a cheap ish twin phono lead (designed for audio). Currently Im using this for my composite lead.
    Will this be affecting my picture quality? I couldnt understand why the composite leads were so much more expensive!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Noel

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Composite is the very worst connection for picture quality anyway so you probably won't notice much difference between a good quality composite lead and a normal phono cable. The type of wiring used and the thickness may be the only difference but I wouldn't worry too much about it. What are you connecting your composite to by the way?

3. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    25 Ohms.
    A composite lead is usually 75 Ohms and a phono (i.e. audio) cable is 50 Ohms.
    But you should be looking at S-Video, component, progressive component.
    Azzo