1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between cables?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by davee, Jul 26, 2005.

1. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Having just disconnected my AV32 and FLR to move them I noticed that I had connected the sync digital with a Linn analogue interconnect. Whats the difference between a digital interconnect and and an analogue interconnect and will it make a difference in this situation? :confused:
    Thanks

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    A digital interconnect should be optimised to offer a 75ohm impedance,and a possible implication of that not being so is increased jitter levels.

Whether or not it makes any audible difference in most situations would be debatable!...a search on this will pull up loads of conflicting views.

3. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    The Sync link between the FLR and the AV32 is in fact an analogue signal so in theory using an analogue interconnect is the right thing to do, in fact I have seen it become a tad "iffy" if you use a 75 Ohm "digital" interconnect. Of course the reverse is true for the "digital in/out SPDIF connection in that a good quality 75 Ohm interconnect should be used often just called a "digital" 75 Ohm interconnect, things can get a bit messy if you use an analogue cable for it......

75 Ohm cable is co-ax type
    "Analogue" cable is more often than not these days a twisted pair with a separate overall shield.