1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between Aconda 9381ZWP and Aconda 9381ZW Select?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Nick23, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

My local John Lewis store (Southampton) is currently selling the Loewe Aconda 9381ZWP for £1850. They claim they will price match with anyone who is not just a mail order/ internet only retailer. So far after a lot of research I have found a shop in Glasgow that are selling the Aconda 9381ZW SELECT for £1586.

This is a considerable saving. Firstly, is there any difference between the SELECT model and the standard one? Could I convince JL that it is the same TV?

Finally do you think JL Southampton would price match a shop in Glasgow? I'm sure if I bought the TV from JL in Glasgow they would match the shop.

2. brattle

brattle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no real difference at all between any of the Acondas apart from finish and the add ons included. I've heard that some of the 9281s had Toshiba tubes, but mine definately has a Philips tube.

You might want to consider a 9281 as this is even cheaper (or a Vitros if you like the design).