1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between a Pioneer 575 and a Pioneer 470?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NinjaKi11a, Mar 4, 2005.

1. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice regarding Marantz DVD players, but I'm going to buy a Pioneer to replace my old one. I've been very happy with my 565 and also have my remotes set up for it. Anyway...

With the obvious exception of the absence of DVD-A and SACD (and £10 price), can anyone please tell me the difference between the 575 and the 470? In particular is there any picture quality difference through progressive scan? I assume sound will be the same. The 470 also has the ability to convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa, does the 575 do this? Lastly does the 470 do NTSC prog scan? The reviews I've read say it does, but the specefications on some electronics websites suggest otherwise.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    "With the obvious exception of the absence of DVD-A and SACD (and £10 price), can anyone please tell me the difference between the 575 and the 470?"

The only other difference is 105 :)

In particular is there any picture quality difference through progressive scan?
    >No

I assume sound will be the same.
    >Yes

The 470 also has the ability to convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa, does the 575 do this?
    >yes

Lastly does the 470 do NTSC prog scan?
    >If the 575 does it the 470 does it

>You can load the 575 firmware onto the 470...they are the same its bar the DVD-A an SACD stuff.

3. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response. :)

Finally, will the picture quality on the 470 be as good as my 565 in NTSC prog scan?

Only just got the 105 gag btw. :rolleyes:

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Finally, will the picture quality on the 470 be as good as my 565 in NTSC prog scan?
    >Ive no experience of the 565 but from what i've read on here its a cracking machine. Some people have kept it over the 575 so perhaps the 565 is better for somethings?

Only just got the 105 gag btw
    >hehe...sorry couldn't help myself :)

5. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I tried the 370 and compared it to the 575. Leaving picture aside(obviously better on 575 as refresh rate is double in tech spec), it was the sound that surprised me. On pioneers website the spec on movie sound was identical, but when I tried the 2 machines the 575 was quite a bit better. So what im saying is try the 2 machines and dont rely just on the spec to make a decision. The 575 is a fantastic machine and I bought this over the 470 to err on the safe side as it was only a tenner more. The 370 was my neighbours machine and I hoped I may get away with this, but it was always going to be a 470 or 575.
    Hope this helps,
    Clyde.