Question Difference between 55PUS7502 and 7503

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by Martinoslav, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Martinoslav

Martinoslav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi AVforums members, please, I need your help :) Just deciding between Philips 55PUS7502 and 7503 and don´t know which one to buy :) It seems that there is only one difference, 7502 is IPS and 7503 is VA panel, am I right?
    Is here anyone who would kindly confirm me if that is the only difference or if there is anything else, maybe important, to know about those two models?
    Thank you for any help :)
    Martin

2. Mane UK

Mane UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Off the top of my head, a few things
    Age. 7502 is last years model, 7503 is this year. In terms of android updates and support this may be important.
    Chipset - I think this year's 7503 shares the P5 of the Philips oled, better performance and, likely better support.
    Panel. As you say, also different.

So quite a lot different - but do you notice the differences?
    Price - last years model should be cheaper.

I liked the 8602 so much I now own one - a VA quantum dot tv, to me it looks significantly better than the 7-series. only negative: viewing angle is poor. Since it is also last year's model it might be price comparable with the 7503, depends what deal you can get but I'd suggest viewing and making up your own mind.

3. Martinoslav

Martinoslav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your answer! I can have 7503 even cheaper than 7502, for aprox. 700 eur, brand new, so I prefer that one.
    TV will be used in my living room, and I dont need anything hi-tech there, mostly only DVBT broadcast, youtube... sometimes any hd or uhd tv show of film. For hitech I have a special theather room with 70” tv and 4k projector :)

4. Mane UK

Mane UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Nice!
    I'm in the UK, where we haven't had a proper Philips TV launch or support this year, so I can't tell you how they compare in real world.

Like other manufacturers Philips have a made up number to compare different models - but only their own sets.
    Looking at the PPI (picture performance index) number in isolation is meaningless, but may help compare in this case.

For 2018 Philips policy seems to be a selection of oled price ranges and cheap but decent lcd/led - so some do perform worse than the previous year model - noticeable in the stats in terms of hdr brightness and colour coverage.

5. Martinoslav

Martinoslav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for very helpful info!
    7503 seems to have a slihhtly lower ppi index as of 1700, 7502 has 2200, but I’m not sure if it has any useful meaning. But as I said, I dont need something special for my living room, 3 sided ambilight is much more killer function for me :)

6. Mane UK

Mane UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Ambilight is so good!

PPI is like an overall performance number. Maybe things like refresh rate, colour gamut coverage, contrast, etc. So not very useful, no. I think in this case the difference could be hdr colour gamut with last years having richer colours (more dci-p3 coverage, maybe 75% vs 86%) for your usage not very important.

Without seeing them myself I'm making a huge generalisation to say so, but I think I'd prefer the va panel for better contrast, and the newer chipset for android function - the YouTube voice search is good, I think both have that.

Good luck, and let us know how you do

7. Martinoslav

Martinoslav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will :) Once again, very much appreciate your help! TV should arrive on monday, once I’ll discover all the details, will give some info for other users.
    How about the sound? Will soundbar be needed? I dont want to do a big speakers setup in my living room, as I said earlier, I have special room to enjoy big screen and big sound, but I dont want to listen to a flat sound as tv produces from their tiny tweeters ;))

8. Mane UK

Mane UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I have no idea about the sound, sorry. I have the 8602 which has pretty good sound (comes with a magnetically detachable soundbar) but other sets have minimal speakers for aggressive pricing. From the look of the 7503, it has forward firing speakers below the screen so should be adequate for general use - I'd wait and see...

I have a Philips B5 soundbar on my bedroom TV - not because I have a brand preference but because the ends come off and become rear speakers - it's great! Does not have the latest hdmi/hdcp pass through, or HD codec support, but gives a great soundstage.

9. Martinoslav

Martinoslav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday my new tv finaly arrived :) So, my first impressions - light weight, nice design, very well built - excellent picture quality for that price, new android is nice, but still a little bit slow, tizen on my samsung is much faster. Sound is nothing special, soundbar will be definitely needed ;)) Fidelio B5 is awesome, but little bit pricey and hard to buy these days ;/ UHD picture is beautiful, and the best - ambilight is stunning! :) @Mane UK Thank you for helping me to decide ;)

10. Mane UK

Mane UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Glad it's looking good, I hope it keeps you happy for a long time. There are very few reviews of the Philips 2018 sets, so I hope you can give a full write up after you've had the time to get to know it ☺️

I've had the B5 for a while, I got it at its peak discount from the look of things, it is indeed terribly expensive looking at it now.

Something like the Yamaha yas107 maybe - no separate subwoofer but decent and good value. Although I have little experience with different soundbars right now so there may be better ones for you ..