Diffenrence between Loewe Aconda 9381ZWP vs A9281ZW

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Moin, May 2, 2002.

1. Moin

Moin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All ,

Any one using loewe Aconda sets , can tell me what the difference is in the sets. I intend to buy one of them , but not sure which one.

Cheers.
    Moin

2. ianbe

ianbe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Moin,

The main difference between the 9281 and 9381 is that the 9381 has a high gloss finish to give it that little extra in the looks department.

Some people have also reported that the 9281 doesn't use the same Philips tube as the 9381.

Additionally, the Loewe website (www.loewe.de) says that the 9281 uses the Q2400 chassis whereas the 9381 uses the more recent Q2500 chassis. Of course, this may just be out of date information.

My advice to you would be to think very carefully before opting for the 9281 over the 9381. It may be cheaper, but if you're considering a Loewe TV then you're obviously after something special.

Check them both out and come to your own conclusions.

Good luck,

Ian

3. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i have stopped myself from buying 9281's they seemed to have 'cut' corners no matter what they say.
    the 9281 does use the toshiba tube where as the 9381 uses the better philips tube. it shows & it reflects in the price.
    if you look around you'll find the 9381 (Q2500H) for around £1600 and its worth the extra!!!
    i personally will not buy the 9281,the ideals of the loewe minds do not match their concepts with this product,do not cut corners!!!!!!!!
    those with this tv & are happy with it ,good for you.
    as i buy quite a few of these i feel i'm in abetter position than most,and then i'm only telling you as i see it.
    i hope that you do purchase a loewe and whatever you chose your happy with it

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    My Loewe Aconda 9381ZW has a Q2400 chassis, it is coming up to two years old.

Mo,
    Are you of the opinion that Loewe have cut corners with the 9281ZW by not using a Philips tube. If so would you say that a Philips television with no Loewe influence would be an even better buy? If Loewe are cutting corners as you describe, is a Loewe television with a Philips tube inferior to a Philips television with a Philips tube?
    Are you saying Loewe more or less assemble other maker's bits and pieces into more stylish clothing?
    Surely, if Loewe are happy with the Toshiba tube, the 9281ZW is full Loewe quality.
    I'm not defending Loewe, but are they not supposed to be a class above mainstream brands.
    I am very happy with my tv, notwithstanding, I'd like a bigger size, but are you really saying 9281ZWs are not good quality?
    I am considering a Philips 36PW9607, but I would like to see a 36" Aconda using Pixel Plus technology from the Philips parts bin. Maybe I am wrong, but I think there would be other benefits from buying Loewe other than a neater, more compact and stylish casing.

5. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    you didn't ask for much,did you?
    as you see from all of my previous posts you'll see that i'm a big fan of this brand.
    i have been advocating them for some time on this forum(almost 2 yrs)& i'm sure i've been responsible for a few purchases.
    let me try and ans some of the things you've asked.

1. the phil' cybertube thats in the 9381 is superior than that of the toshiba,you can see the differance at times.
    the phil' tube comes second only just to the sony.

2. loewe has no say in the building of the phil'tv.the loewe chassis /tuner is superior even though alot of it comes from the philips factory.
    if you ever get a chance,view the articos & the 32' pixelplus together ,you'll see the loewe still come on top.
    the tuner of the loewe is better & more consistant through the event of poor broadcast signals.
    even with good signals the picture is more detailed,
    better colours & most clearly noticable is the usage of the 100 hertzs-smoother again.

3.the casing of the 9281 again is not as good as the 9381.
    loewe are known for high end products and thats what they should stick to.
    the prices of loewe tvs has come down alot in the last 1-2 yrs through competition and therefore has been for more accesable for many who would have stuck to the mainstream.
    putting in cheaper tubes and casing is not the way.
    toshiba must have been over the moon when asked.

just because it says loewe or even b&o does not mean its the best or has the best technolgy ,but they as a general rule,they are.
    as to wish to see a 36' loewe,phil' can't produce enough for them selves, how do you expect them to give them to others!!

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Despite having a Philips tube, my Aconda 9381 blows away every Philips TV I've ever tested (and every other TV for that matter). They are extensively tweaked by Loewe and the menu-system is fantistic.

7. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    mo,
    Thanks for the response.
    Am I now to assume the Loewe would benefit from a Sony CRT.
    In what way, please don't say sharpness.
    Are Sony televisions better than Loewe then?
    Loewe - the emporer's new clothes?
    What 36" would you advise?

8. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i think i better put things right.
    the phililps of late (cybertube) is great,little to choose from that or the sony.
    also,i find theres nothing better on the market than a acconda/articos,forget sony,not even the b&o advant.
    the articos in black for me is the finest tv anywhere & i ask anyone to tell me otherwise.

as for 36' tvs.?
    wait,a bunch of new stuff is arriving between july/sept.
    these are from sony,tosh & panny.
    curently,i've a few pb's and that's because that replaced all the toshibas,i feel they are overall a better tv.

9. Steve1138

Steve1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    with my test of a new 2500 ARTICOS and external de-interlacer (Silicon Image iScan pro) yesterday...
    switching back from the iScan / VGA to the regular AV3 / SCART / RGB was like going from DVD back to VHS (up until yesterday, that is.. when I thought regular DVD SCART RGB was already pretty good...).

In regular 100Hz mode, I found the ARTICOS still had too many terrible digital artefacts in the picture (just like my Philips) but this isn't the tube's fault, it's the electronics.(even on a region 1 DVD.. when it's supposed to be using it's own internal de-interlacer)

After seeing clean, progressive scan going into a 'dumb monitor' (which is what the LOEWE becomes when using the VGA input) has confirmed to me that ALL digital picture processing stinks.
    Even LOEWE's.

but.. ooooohh that Progressive Scan.
    Nice.

(see my current post on same subject)
    Steve