1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diff between Denon 2105 and 2805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chubbyandy, Dec 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. chubbyandy

chubbyandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone, again!

My head is spinning!!! Ok, It's boiling down to money...trying to save myself some. Anyone knows the difference sonically between the 2105 and 2805 ? There is only a 10 watts/channel difference between both models. I am getting a 42 plasma with DVI input. I am leaning towards the Denon 2109 (because of favourable reviews, and that it has DVI output) and also that it plays SACD and DVD-A. Can anyone recommend an alternative universal dvd player that rivals the 2109, that is cheaper of course.

I will only be watching dvds and music (2 and multichannel). No tv, no xbox or anything else.

HT speaker system

Monitor Audio B2 AV....or
    Epos ELS-3 5.1 .........or
    MS Avant (MS 906-front)

I only have about a week left to decide before I take the plunge.

Help me!

Thanks

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    The 2105 doesn't have Room EQ, Audio Delay for Lip Sync, Alpha Processing, Pure Direct Mode or Dual DAC's per channel either. It also has less digital inputs. I'd take the 2805 Amp partnered with the 2910 DVD player if it were my choice. :)

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    As Jase said really, I think lip-sync delay is very important as a lot of people have problems with lip-sync problems when watching terrestrial or satellite broadcasts through their surround setup. A lip-sync delay feature will allow you to adjust the audio to make it align with your video source.

I think the Denon 2805/2910 would be the ideal combo, if money was no quesion. However, if money is tight then how about the Yamaha 750SE? It has 7x100w of power, video up conversion; lip-sync delay; autuomatic setup; a pure-direct mode and very impressive stereo performance. Best thing of all is that it costs around £380 :)