Diesel Engine Fuel Pressure Sensor Error Code

IronGiant

Reaction score
I've gor a Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDI (2008) that's just thrown up this code. Is a new sensor on the horizon, or could it be a symptom of something more serious? It's going to the garage on Thursday so I'd like to know how braced my wallet should be :) @car-man can you advise?

Does this change the man maths for a a Tesla by any chance IG? :D

Nope, not unless you can get a second hand one for ~£5K

I've gor a Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDI (2008) that's just thrown up this code. Is a new sensor on the horizon, or could it be a symptom of something more serious? It's going to the garage on Thursday so I'd like to know how braced my wallet should be :) @car-man can you advise?

I'm not familiar with that engine, but when the Peugeots flag that fault it usually means a new sensor. On the Peugeot the sensor is fitted to the injection pump and is a quick fix...cost varies depending on where you buy from...
Here is a quick look on ebay for your car...looks like a screw in type that screws into the fuel rail.
HYUNDAI TERRACAN / KIA SEDONA 2.9 CRDI FUEL RAIL HIGH PRESSURE REGULATOR SENSOR

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Ah, thanks a lot, puts my mind at ease.

Think I would be starting with a new fuel filter and checking the lift pump in the tank is working before anything

Seen them also have plenty of dirt in the tank before can block the fuel pick up

Hope this helps

Small update. The local garage spent a couple of hours on it but with their diagnostic equipment couldn't pin it down without randomly changing things it might be, which thankfully they didn't want to do. So it's booked into the Kia Dealer next week. Kudos to the local garage, they stopped when they knew they were out of their depth and there was no charge :thumbsup:.
Having lived with it for a hundred miles or so, it's running fine and if you drive carefully, even at motorway speeds the light stays out. But as soon as you welly it hard enough for the auto to kickdown on comes the light and it stays on until the next day.

I will, with further business :thumbsup:

Time for an update. Kia identified faults with the common rail and inlet metering valve and replaced both. It now works perfectly, it's like a new engine. Unfortunately my wallet is dead...

Thanks, at least it wasn't a whole new engine, touch wood...

I still can't afford one :p the bill wasn't that much more than the reservation deposit on a model 3 :D Well OK, it was a fair bit more, but you get the idea.

I still can't afford one :p the bill wasn't that much more than the reservation deposit on a model 3 :D Well OK, it was a fair bit more, but you get the idea.
So first hurdle of man maths cleared then! The deposit would have been cheaper! Sure you have to ignore the female maths and the fact you have no car until they build about 250,000 of them (with the absolute start date getting 'close') but hey!! :laugh:

I reckon I'll be ready for one when they tax diesel /diesel cars through the roof :thumbsup: which hopefully won't be before 2025 ;)

Ouch!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom