1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Hard Ultimate Collection

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Lippy, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Lippy

Lippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am interested in getting the Die Hard Ultimate Collection, however I have a few queries.

1) My mate has had it for a while, yet there is still no R2 release(correct if wrong) does this mean a poss re-release of the boxset may be on the cards? Anyone have any info?

2) What is the best price anyone has found for this boxset? And where from?

Thanks for any information, I just cant have a HC setup without Die Hard!!

Cheers

Lippy

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Lippy,

Hi,

1) The "Die Hard Ultimate Collection" is not available on Region 2. However, you can get a "Die Hard 1 and 2" boxed set, which is supposed to be identical to those in the "Ultimate..." set. But I can't confirm or deny this, as I bought the R1 edition. In the UK, "Die Hard With A Vengeance" is owned by a different distribution company, so that means buying it separately from the other two. As "DHWAV" is in a different kind of box, both in colour and style, it's not going to be as cool-looking as the R1 set. My advice, get the R1 set!

As for any kind of R2 re-release with all three movies in the same set, the answer is a simple NO BLOODY CHANCE! :laugh: 20th Century Fox own the rights to DH1 and DH2. Buena Vista/Disney/Miramax own the rights to DHWAV. The chances of them joining forces to sell all three films, in one boxed set, is nil. Like I say, if you want all three films, with DTS soundtracks, tons of extras, and at a good price, get the R1 set.

2) Your best bet, would be from somewhere like Play or DVD Box Office, or the like. You should be able to get it for less than £40, all in, I would have thought.

Pooch

3. Lippy

Lippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Pooch,

CD WOW - £30 jobs a good un!!!

I am wearing my vest in anticipation!!

Lippy

4. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,404
    Go for R1 - as Die hard 3 R2 is cut for violence and some swearing! The versions I compared anyway!