Die Hard Trilogy Box Set & Live Free or Die Hard

I also switched my single orders for 1, 2 and 4 for the US boxset, a huge saving.
hope you have a us player as these will defo be region coded.

Thanks for al the info! And do these Blu-ray discs play in my UK player? How long does it normally take for an order to arrive if its in stock? I'm seriously temped to buy all 4 Die Hards from here!

australia is region b like the uk so should play fine, disc normaly take about a week to arrive after posting.

The top link has a rating of 15 (contains one use of strong language) but the bottom link is (strong language etc) a 12 rating, I am confused?

Surely the uncut version would be a 15?

Why is there no Die Hard Quadrilogy release ?

cause fox dont own the distribution rights to die hard 3 in uk - beuna vista do.. who are a blue ray exclusive studio.. bit fox do own the rights in austrialia which is same region code as uk so can get boxset from there if you like..

Why is there no Die Hard Quadrilogy release ?

cause fox dont own the distribution rights to die hard 3 in uk - beuna vista do.. who are a blue ray exclusive studio.. bit fox do own the rights in austrialia which is same region code as uk so can get boxset from there if you like..

I can find the SD DVD Die Hard Collection at EzyDVD, but not on Blu-ray Disc. On BD I can only find the 4 being sold seperately.

:(

Steve W

maybe they aint releasing them as a box set in Oz, i know there was some confustion state side that they initially were only going releasing them as a box set them they changed to individual releases as well..

I can find the SD DVD Die Hard Collection at EzyDVD, but not on Blu-ray Disc. On BD I can only find the 4 being sold seperately.

:(

Steve W

maybe they aint releasing them as a box set in Oz, i know there was some confustion state side that they initially were only going releasing them as a box set them they changed to individual releases as well..

Cheers.

That makes it £64 + pnp. A bit rich for me, especially with 3 of them being back catalogue titles, and there being so much else to buy over Christmas.

Steve W

Where is the cheapest place for Die Hard 4 on blu-ray? I went to Woolworths and they quoted me £28 sod that. Spiderman boxset was not much more than that.
I have the Die Hard box set on dvd shame i can't get all four on blu-ray although 1 and 4 are my favourites.

Where is the cheapest place for Die Hard 4 on blu-ray? I went to Woolworths and they quoted me £28 sod that. Spiderman boxset was not much more than that.
I have the Die Hard box set on dvd shame i can't get all four on blu-ray although 1 and 4 are my favourites.

Yeah I am thinking along the same lines of getting 1 & 4 .. if no Quad box set !

This is where the blu-ray / HD format studio rights issues become a right pain.

No way I am paying £28 notes from Woolies either ... :eek:

I assume so - I have emailed them just to be sure.

They are a UK company so cannot see how they could sell american discs. Even Play.com dont list it as Region B.

Thank You, is it possible to order online and pick it up instore?

Don't think so... It's usually more expensive in store but only by a few quid.. ;) And ASDA recently have been getting the BR's on the shelves on the day of release, so it's better than waiting on the post :D

And ASDA recently have been getting the BR's on the shelves on the day of release, so it's better than waiting on the post :D

That's good to know. I usually shop at Tesco and whilst they have got a decent bit of shelf space for both flavours of HD, they are sadly lacking in getting their new releases in (still waiting for them to get stock of Spider-man trilogy:eek:) but I pass Asda on my way home from work :)

Just cancelled all my existing orders and re-ordered Die Hards 1, 2 & 4 from www.thehut.com, making the most of their 24 hour 10% discount ('Oct10'). Works out at:

Die Hard 1 - £13.44
Die Hard 2 - £13.44
Die Hard 4.0 - £16.06

:thumbsup:

anyone received an email yet saying DH4 has been sent? I was hoping to get if for release day (like game software). Mine is still stuck at pre-order (supplier is dvd.co.uk)

I miss movietyme :(

cheers

Is there a definitive train of thought as to which are the best (region) Blu Ray versions to get yet? :confused:

I'd like to get all 4 on Blu Ray (to give my new Pioneer drive a good workout :smashin: ) - either in a box set or individually, but I have to say I've lost track with all the differing versions/regions etc! :oops:

depend what regio your player is, if its region a i would go for the us boxset as its much cheaper than buying them individualy, however if your player is region b if you want all 4 you will need to get diehard 3 from australia as i dont know when and if we will see an uncut diehard 3 bluray in the uk. You can get all 4 from there or do what i have done and order 1 & 2 from the uk and 3 from australia and 4 from the uk or australia

Are Oz doing a BD box set?

depend what regio your player is, if its region a i would go for the us boxset as its much cheaper than buying them individualy, however if your player is region b if you want all 4 you will need to get diehard 3 from australia as i dont know when and if we will see an uncut diehard 3 bluray in the uk. You can get all 4 from there or do what i have done and order 1 & 2 from the uk and 3 from australia and 4 from the uk or australia

Good info, thanks. :thumbsup:

I'll be playing them through my HTPC using Any DVD HD, so region coding isn't an issue.

[Edit] - The R1 quadrilogy is showing on PlayUSA at £51.99 delivered, that's £13.00 per film.

http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/3-/3479370/-/Product.html

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom