Die Hard Trilogy Box Set & Live Free or Die Hard

Jim Morrison

Looks like Die Hard's 1-3 will only be available in the box set with Die Hard 4.0 available seperately on Blu-Ray.

Fox has not yet provided a specific breakdown of the supplements on the 'Die Hard Trilogy' set, other than that it should mirror the previous collection issued on standard-def DVD, which included multiple commentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes and more for each movie.

Retail is $39.98 for 'Live Free or Die Hard,' and $99.98 for the 'Die Hard Trilogy.'

As of now, the three films in the 'Die Hard Trilogy' will not be made available separately, nor will there be a four-pack that includes 'Live Free or Die Hard.'

Source: HDD

KevD

Distinguished Member
Fair enough not releasing the first 3 outside of the set, but why not just do a complete set of 4 :confused:

Will pick up all of these :thumbsup:

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Fair enough not releasing the first 3 outside of the set, but why not just do a complete set of 4 :confused:

Will pick up all of these :thumbsup:

Agreed. I was looking forward to a four film boxset and don't really understand why there isn't one. It's going to be a very expensive run up to Christmas (and that's not including the girlfriend's present. I'm sure she'd love some Blu-Rays :rotfl: :suicide: )

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Also looking forward to the release of the Die Hard movies in HD.

Any idea of timescale ?

Adam_uk

Will be picking this up!

Never saw 4.0 at the cinema

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Die Hard 4.0 was good ... but not great.

It was no way near the quality of Die Hard 1 ... but should suit the HD format VERY well.

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
Fox Home Entertainment has revealed that the Blu-ray version of 'Live Free or Die Hard' will be delivered in the PG-13 rated form. In the ultimate head-scratcher, the Fox Blu-ray website shows a cover for the title which says "Unrated". We have contacted Fox to get some clarification, but for now it looks like Blu-ray fans will be neglected by the studio this fall.

midknight

Distinguished Member
I am completely at a loss as to why Fox would release an unrated cut on standard DVD but not on BR - I just hope that the press release was a mistake and that the box cover on the FoxBR website is correct.

If it is going to be the PG 13 cut I think I will go with the unrated DVD and no get the BR:eek: - which is a shame as I really liked the movie and it would look great on BR

Fox madness!!

midknight

Distinguished Member

7hil

If Die Hard 4 is going to be the PG version then I'm quite glad this won't be in the box set.

Fox seem to give with the one hand then take with the other.

dbs2

Banned
I have not seen the film either cut..... is there that much to be missed or worried about, is it that much of a problem.... ??

KevD

Distinguished Member
From the MPAA

"Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, language and a brief sexual situation."

Couldnt find out exactly what the differences were, other than Yippee Ki Yay :censored: had the last bit censored by a gunshot, although I still heard in the cinema.

dbs2

Banned
From the MPAA

"Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, language and a brief sexual situation."

Couldnt find out exactly what the differences were, other than Yippee Ki Yay :censored: had the last bit censored by a gunshot, although I still heard in the cinema.

Hardly ruining the film then.... Thanks, i'll still probably get it then.....

KevD

Distinguished Member
Do we know if the UK version was cut or not? If so I might opt for Region B for this release.

It was passed with no cuts according th the BBFC website, but I should imagine this is as the version submitted was the same as the US PG-13. States the film Running time as 128 mins & 37 seconds, looks like the US unrated is 130 mins.

rickyroma

original trilogy all the way, proper action! the new one was good but all the talk of the "pg-13 rating being pushed to the limit" was crap. Unless they shot every scene with Mclane twice, one pg-13 and the other full of language I wouldn't hold much hope of the unrated being too different. Id expect Yipee ki yay to be in and maybe some blood splatters.

KevD

Distinguished Member
No idea on the status of the cut on 4.0 in Japan (same as everywhere else I guess if were going for wider audience), but they are getting a Quadrilogy set with all 4 films.

fox011728c2e0so6.jpg

Released on the 7th October, up for order at Amazon Japan, but at over £70 delivered!!

Jim Morrison

Die Hard 4.0 coming to the UK one month earlier than the US:

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region B Blu-ray Disc release of Die Hard 4.0 on 29th October 2007 priced at £24.99 RRP. Bruce Willis returns as wise-cracking super-cop Detective John McClane in the fourth instalment of the Die Hard series which is helmed by director Len Wiseman (Underworld). Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant, Cliff Curtis, Maggie Q and Mary Elizabeth Winstead also star.

Arriving day-and-date, the majority of DVD extras are carried over and include:
‘Analogue Hero in a Digital World: Making of Die Hard 4.0 ‘ (10 part documentary)
4 Featurettes
‘Die Hard by Guyz Nite'
Behind the Scenes with Guyz Nite'
Yippie-ki-yay Mother F*****!
Fox Movie Channel Presents ‘Fox Legacy'
Theatrical Trailer

Source: DVDTimes

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 14th April 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Ruark introduces R5 Signature audio player
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches compact 4309 Studio Monitor speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL launches TS8132 Dolby Atmos soundbar