die hard blu-ray transfer

Reaction score
Just watched die hard on blu-ray to get me in the xmas spirit and didn't realise how bad the transfer was.or is it Just me?. Hope they will re-do it, after all it is a classic
Tezer

Not this again.

Bugger all wrong with Die Hard's transfer.

Nothing wrong with it. Try the DVD and see how bad that was.

HansGruber-Front.jpg

It's Christmas Theo, it's a time of questionable threads, so be of good cheer...

I bought the two Die Hard movies on BD when they came out and imported the third from Australia. While With a Vengeance has the best transfer, being the newer movie, I didn't find anything wrong with the first two personally. Both looked fine to me, good even.

I bought the two Die Hard movies on BD when they came out and imported the third from Australia. While With a Vengeance has the best transfer, being the newer movie, I didn't find anything wrong with the first two personally. Both looked fine to me, good even.

Same here.

I also managed to get DH1 and DH2 only for £4 each back when Amazon did their 3 for 2 offer.

The DVD is incredibly soft.

Look at the sign in the lift.

DH1 BD vs DVD

The map inDH2 is clearer.

DH2 BD vs DVD

As expected, DH3 shows the most improvement.

DH3 BD vs DVD

The picture isn't demo material - though the sound is excellent - but it's still decent and a massive improvement over the DVD.

Coincidentally, I watched it again last night and, strangely, it gets me in the Christmas spirit more than almost any other film!

Coincidentally, I watched it again last night and, strangely, it gets me in the Christmas spirit more than almost any other film!
So true. I sign off some of my christmas cards with the tag 'Yippee ki Yay mother****er!'

Last edited:
Watched the first film last Wednesday for the first time in years and I thought it looked great.

THE best Christmas film of all time, no question. Saving my viewing for Christmas Eve.

The scene where the C4 packed monitor and desk chair go down the lift shaft sounds pretty good. Image is not up to modern standards, but entirely in keeping with 1988. Therefore more than satisfies me.

"Hunt that little &*^% down and get my those detonators"

"Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho"

Just like ****ing Siagon ....... you were in junior high ******** :laugh:

“Karl, hunt that little sh** down and get those detonators.”

I don't care if it's on BluRay, DVD, VHS, TV or poxy VCD - it's just awesome awesome awesome - and I know what I'm watching Xmas day :smashin:

The scene where the C4 packed monitor and desk chair go down the lift shaft sounds pretty good.
Heh. That bit literally broke my right ear about 11 years ago. The explosion goes off, my ear went 'pop' and it's never been right since.

Awesome. :smashin:

"Attention, whoever you are, this channel is reserved for emergency calls only"
"No f***ing sh*t, lady. Does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza?"

:D

I cant complain about the sound as this is spot on.Just that I have the original true grit and that looks like a better picture to me.Would love to see it improved if possible.
Tezer

Who is driving that car Stevie Wonder :rotfl:

tezer said:
I cant complain about the sound as this is spot on.Just that I have the original true grit and that looks like a better picture to me.Would love to see it improved if possible.
Tezer

Just thank god they didn't do a Predator style 'remaster'

If they struck a brand new 4k print I am sure it would look a bit better but this film will also look dark and dirty as that was the intention.

Tezer

If you want to pay the movie company the cost of striking a new master and doing the cleanup involved I'm sure they'd be happy to redo it for you ;)

But speaking of which I really need to watch this again before Christmas :D

Would of prefered them doing it from the original transfer. But if it was their intention to give it that look so be it

Would of prefered them doing it from the original transfer. But if it was their intention to give it that look so be it

You're not getting this are you.

Damn it! Was gonna pick this up to rewatch over christmas ad I dont think I have my dvds anymore. Bad times.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom