Die Hard 5 (A Good Day To Die Hard) Bluray steelbook - Amazon.fr

drkj3di

Die Hard 5 (A Good Day To Die Hard) Bluray steelbook listed on Amazon.fr

Looks like a G1 but not 100% sure. John McLean looks tired though :boring:
I also like the translation "Beautiful day to die" on site :)

Die Hard 5 : Belle journée pour mourir [Blu-ray]: Amazon.fr: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Sebastian Koch, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Yuliya Snigir, Rasha Bukvic, Cole Hauser, John Moore: DVD & Blu-ray

I can't comment on the movie as I've not seen it, so no idea if it's good/bad (I tend to take the various online movie reviews with a big pinch of salt :rolleyes:)

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
drkj3di said:
Die Hard 5 (A Good Day To Die Hard) Bluray steelbook listed on Amazon.fr

Looks like a G1 but not 100% sure. John McLean looks tired though :boring:
I also like the translation "Beautiful day to die" on site :)

Die Hard 5 : Belle journée pour mourir [Blu-ray]: Amazon.fr: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Sebastian Koch, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Yuliya Snigir, Rasha Bukvic, Cole Hauser, John Moore: DVD & Blu-ray

I can't comment on the movie as I've not seen it, so no idea if it's good/bad (I tend to take the various online movie reviews with a big pinch of salt :rolleyes:)
Here's all you need to know - it sucks

drkj3di

Nice one well spotted, that does look nice!

Shame if the movie is a bit pants... still, I haven't seen it so won't judge... yet :)

Keane

Distinguished Member
Nice one well spotted, that does look nice!

Shame if the movie is a bit pants... still, I haven't seen it so won't judge... yet :)
It's really not that bad.

The action was awesome, and from what I've read the extended cut may actually beef things up at bit violence-wise and improve the pacing (was far too short imo).

I certainly wasn't bored during it (although Bruce looked like he was from time-to-time ;)) and it will look stunning on Blu I'm guessing. The Italian version is a no-brainer for me.

Blarney

Novice Member
Terrible movie! Saw it in the cinema and was just perplexed really as how they could get it so wrong. The whole Russian setting just didn't sit right and while action packed there was very little cohesion to it all which was not helped by a weak villian, terrible script and choppy direction. Hard to blame Bruce Willis really as the vehicle is just whatever way you look at it pretty dire.
Definitely the waekest of all installments and a great letdown after Die Hard 4 - Live Free or Die Hard which I thought was a pretty decent effort and highly entertaining.
Therefore I won't buy this but will get The Last Stand steel which is a masterpiece in comparison.

replicant81

couldnt be doing with all the foreign writing on that, far too much :)

im sure this and the last stand will get uk steels.

Keane

Distinguished Member
couldnt be doing with all the foreign writing on that, far too much :)

im sure this and the last stand will get uk steels.
Highly unlikely for The Last Stand, DH5 seems more likely, but I'd have though there would be listings by now...

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
I've pre ordered the Italian steel of this, looks nice, surprised there isn't a UK steel announce yet, if there is ill cancel the Italian & get that instead.
Interested in seeing the uncut version!

The Ringmaster

I'm a huge Die Hard fan, I have been since I was old enough to watch the films (I'm 29 now) and was excited when the announcement was made for Die Hard 4.0. I watched it at the cinema and it didn't disappoint me.

THIS however, THIS, was a terrible film. Trust me on this. I know it's each to their own and all that, but I actually fell asleep watching this. First time ever. I was gutted. The plot was so boring and felt like "hey, John McClane has made a comeback so lets just cash-in on the Die Hard name and put out a ****** film".

This has ruined the Die Hard series IMO.

Let me tell you something else, last night I went to see Olympus Has Fallen. This film wasn't amazing, but it WAS good. THIS film is what Die Hard 5 should have been. Obviously not the plot, but the action, the explosions, the protagonist approach to saving the day, the leadership of the antagonist who stands out (just like the previous Die Hard films)... as far as action films go, it worked well in an age where we always expect more from a film. I wasn't ever expecting "great" from Die Hard 5 but I was expecting decent purely based on the series it comes from and the leading star. It's not Bruce's fault but Jesus Christ, it was poor.

It's a shame as I have all the other films on amaray, so purely to maintain the series I may purchase the film on amaray at a low price, but I certainly won't be getting the steelbook.

Fruitloop1982

I'm a huge Die Hard fan, I have been since I was old enough to watch the films (I'm 29 now) and was excited when the announcement was made for Die Hard 4.0. I watched it at the cinema and it didn't disappoint me.

THIS however, THIS, was a terrible film. Trust me on this. I know it's each to their own and all that, but I actually fell asleep watching this. First time ever. I was gutted. The plot was so boring and felt like "hey, John McClane has made a comeback so lets just cash-in on the Die Hard name and put out a ****** film".

This has ruined the Die Hard series IMO.

Let me tell you something else, last night I went to see Olympus Has Fallen. This film wasn't amazing, but it WAS good. THIS film is what Die Hard 5 should have been. Obviously not the plot, but the action, the explosions, the protagonist approach to saving the day, the leadership of the antagonist who stands out (just like the previous Die Hard films)... as far as action films go, it worked well in an age where we always expect more from a film. I wasn't ever expecting "great" from Die Hard 5 but I was expecting decent purely based on the series it comes from and the leading star. It's not Bruce's fault but Jesus Christ, it was poor.

It's a shame as I have all the other films on amaray, so purely to maintain the series I may purchase the film on amaray at a low price, but I certainly won't be getting the steelbook.
^^ Nail on the head ^^

As of late, it seems Brucey will sacrifice his self-respect and dignity for a few bucks. Shame.

I'm still hoping for a UK release tho. Despite my feelings towards the film itself, I still want to see a UK steelbook release. Not sure why, I just do.

FYI - The price is now 19.99 euros.

Keane

Distinguished Member
I'm still hoping for a UK release tho. Despite my feelings towards the film itself, I still want to see a UK steelbook release. Not sure why, I just do.
The Italian versions looks to be full English, save, I'm guessing, the J-card. Just go for that :smashin:

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
Is it just Italy and France doing this so far? I'm looking at some on ebay but they are asking for twice as much as I would pay for the film.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
just watched this last night, didnt think it was as bad as i was expecting, i thought it was a work of art compared to the horrific part 4 though.

How many times does bruce willis say "jesus" in it though... :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom