Die Hard 5 - A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Rumour that the next John McClane movie could be called 'DIE HARD 24/7', then it probably takes place in a convenience store :D

Apparently Willis was so impressed by the no-holds barred 'Expendables' film shown to him by Stallone, he now feels the need up the tone with his next Die Hard movie. But please change that title.

AICN source tells them where the title may originally come from, they wanted Jack Bauer to appear in Die Hard with McClane!!!
Now Jack is to develop his own 24 movie franchise, so a dead title...

Fox mulled an idea - DIE HARD 5 and the TV show 24 were to cross over. The intent was for Kiefer Sutherland to appear as Jack Bauer in an adventure with Bruce Willis' John McClane. Hence...DIE HARD 24/7.

Last edited:
Not sure that crossover would work.

Whilst John McClane is an action character, he is also has a lot of humour there. Jack Bauer is all action with no humour at all and I don't think the two would fit together.

By 'Up the tone' i really hope he means swearing & blood & not just explosions.:D

He couldn't even say hes famous line in the last Die Hard.

By 'Up the tone' i really hope he means swearing & blood & not just explosions.:D

He couldn't even say hes famous line in the last Die Hard.

I also hope that is what he means and even more so the return of the adult action movie, violent full-blooded and liberal dose of swearing. I'm so sick of comic book action films and stuff like transformers. To the point where I haven't even bothered to watch Terminator salvation because of so many people drawing comparisons with transformers.

I couldn't believe they didn't insert it into the DVD version of Die Hard 4.

haven't even bothered to watch Terminator salvation because of so many people drawing comparisons with transformers.

and those people are morons.... its worth a shot mate :smashin:

To balance it out I'd say avoid T4 like the plague, awful film. Back on topic, I also look forward to a new Die Hard movie, sans dodgy title and with a big injection of adult language and violence. I actually really enjoyed number 4 and it might sound like I just enjoy violence and swearing :)grin:) but it would have been top notch with the trademark line, a littering of profanity and more blood :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I would be more than happy to buy a ticket to see a Die Hard 5

After basically saving the whole of America they should promote John but I cant see him taking a desk job and wearing a suite.

Not sure how they will top the last movie,

DH1 A Single building
DH2 A Whole Airport
DH3 The whole of NY City
DH4 East coast of America
DH5 Whole World?

They also need an awsome Bad guy, the last one was a bit rubbish. Definatly another Brit or Angalina Jolie ;)

The Forge

lol @ TheForge

I caught the TV repeat of DH3 the other week. I did not realise it has so many deep levels as the film keeps referencing to earlier happenings in the film :laugh: - in my defence I've always been a bigger fan of DH1+2 and don't really care for Samuel L.J. save for a few films

I think if the studio showed so guts and did not pander for a 12A rating the film could be really something

My girlfriend always wants to watch the first Die Hard, she'll just randomly turn to me and say 'I really want to watch Die Hard, do you?' and I'll be like '...yeah ok'.

My girlfriend always wants to watch the first Die Hard, she'll just randomly turn to me and say 'I really want to watch Die Hard, do you?' and I'll be like '...yeah ok'.

So what you saying, she's a bigger fan than you :D

So what you saying, she's a bigger fan than you :D

I guess what I'm saying is a) I never need persuading and b) she should never fight the urge... when it come to Die Hard that is ;)

I guess what I'm saying is a) I never need persuading and b) she should never fight the urge... when it come to Die Hard that is ;)

i was just teasing, i knew what you meant :smashin:

lol @ TheForge

I caught the TV repeat of DH3 the other week. I did not realise it has so many deep levels as the film keeps referencing to earlier happenings in the film :laugh: - in my defence I've always been a bigger fan of DH1+2 and don't really care for Samuel L.J. save for a few films

I think if the studio showed so guts and did not pander for a 12A rating the film could be really something

What I didn't realise was until watching the region 1 DVD how much was cut out of the third Die Hard! As much as I enjoyed the 4th instalment it really lacked in proper violence and as has been mentioned cutting...

Yippee Kai Yai MotherF***** just isn't diehard!

I think the Die Hard sequels all succeed and fail on some level.

The first one is a bona fide classic, no argument there.

But the second seems to be more devoid of humour and has a slightly weak villain.

I think the third film goes the other way, it has much more humour but also doesn't take the villains seriously at all. I really detest the "marching home" music cue used throughout the film... YouTube - When Johnny Comes Marching Home

It just removes all sense of menace from the baddies and turns them into a bit of a laughing stock in my eyes. Hey why not instead have the backing score a rendition of the Benny Hill theme...? YouTube - Benny Hill Theme

I also think the ending wasn't great either, that bit with the helicopter and power lines was weak and again required you to really take a leap of faith with believeability there.

What I liked about the first film was that, ok, its an action film, but for the most part its quite believeable, though throwing yourself off a building with a hose wrapped around you is pushing it slightly, but overall its a very good film grounded with a sense of realism. In Die Hard 2 and 3 it just seems like they kept going further and further with it, like the sliding down a winch off the bridge bit in DH3, I mean, how did they not die?

I dont really consider the 4th film to be a real Die Hard film, so I won't even start on that.

Last edited:
I thought Die Hard with a laptop was pretty decent:), not sure about DH5, perhaps its one sequel too many.

Love all Die Hard movies... I must be a die hard fan.. :blush:

I like all of them and was pleasantly surprised with 4.0 but my least favourite has to be the second one. I wouldn't mind a fifth.

I thought 4 was pretty forgettable. I think I remember there was a computer nerd who had to keep explaining to John McClane and the audience what was going on. Something about a fire attack :confused: Just proves that films about hacking do not work.

I thought 4 was pretty forgettable. I think I remember there was a computer nerd who had to keep explaining to John McClane and the audience what was going on. Something about a fire attack :confused:

Just proves that films about hacking do not work.

'Wars Games' is class

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom