Did you know?

Logo Hater

Established Member
Reaction score
I was told some, what appears to be useless, information yesterday. But then realised it might not be that useless after all.

When you get into the driving seat of a car and look at the instrument panel at the fuel gauge, there is a picture of a fuel pump, with the hose coming out of it. The side on which the hose comes out is the side of the car which has the fuel filler. So if you get into an unfamiliar car and need fuel, without needing to get out of the car you can see which side of the pumps you need to pull up at.

Just thought I'd share that bit of info, it may prove to be useful at some time.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i never knew that.

and from now i every car i get into i will check. :D

Someone forgot to tell Honda this :) My fuel filler cap is on the left, and the nozzle is showing on the right hand side of the pump on the dash.

never! is this an april fool? i have never looked but would be amazed if its right...

talking of april fools gags, why don't BMW do them anymore, they did some classic. my fave was the full page ad's they put in the papers stating that a load of fake BMW's had been sold by a gang and the way to tell was to look at the badge on the bonnet and if it went blue white on top and white blue on bottom then it was a fake... lol how many people phoned the helpline...

The only check I was able to carry out was on our two cars, which were both as suggested so I assumed it must be factual.

If it turns out to be false please accept my apologies.

My Mini has a picture of a fuel pump with an arrow on it pointing to the filler side.

our polo has the nozzle and pipe on the right side of the pump. correct side for the car too... will have to check the vivaro in morn...

Never knew this, never even thought about it to be honest! I will check every car I go into now though, damn you! :rotfl:

Someone forgot to tell Honda this :) My fuel filler cap is on the left, and the nozzle is showing on the right hand side of the pump on the dash.

Nothing is ever straight forward with Honda or the Japs, the gearboxes are on the wrong side and so are the indicator stalks:D

My Focus has the nozzle on the right hand side which corresponds to the filler neck, it also has a right arrow too.

Where did the OP learn this?

Liam

Alfa Romeo. filler on right; hose on right on indicator light :)

Here's one though....why is the range of your remote locking fob increased if you touch your head with it while pressing the button?????:confused:

It definitely works as i often walk away from the car forgetting to lock it then realise and press the button but find it's out of range. Touch the fob on my head and press the button and it locks!!

Here's one though....why is the range of your remote locking fob increased if you touch your head with it while pressing the button?????:confused:

It definitely works as i often walk away from the car forgetting to lock it then realise and press the button but find it's out of range. Touch the fob on my head and press the button and it locks!!

:eek:You're an alien...admit it!!!

(you are just removing static from the key fob)

my brother reckons its because it uses your head as an extended ariel:rotfl: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mazda: Logo shows nozzle on the right [but has arrow pointing left] and it is on the left.

Suzuki: Logo shows nozzle on the right but it is on the left.

...doesn't seem foolproof then. Which is a shame - it would be great if it were true. There's nothing better than a clever, quirky piece of design that no-one really knows about.

I think this only applies to Fords ( was told a few years back).

Where did the OP learn this?

Liam

My wife came home from work and had been told by someone she works with, she told me and that's how the rumour started.

It cannot only apply to Fords though, because although one of our cars is a Ford, mine is a Corsa and that follows the rule (if it is a rule), which after reading these replies, it appears that not every manufacturer knows.

i;ll check it out, driving an eos tonight will look. Ill sit in all my cars at work tomorow just to see. I hope it's true 'cos it bothers me I always get it wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom