Did you get a paper receipt from Movietyme?

DiD you get a paper receipt from Movietyme for yor 360 HD DVD Drive?

• Yes paper receipt.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No paper receipt, only confirmation via email.

Votes: 38 100.0%

• Total voters

Supra

Established Member
Reaction score
Did anyone who ordered a 360 HD DVD Drive from Movietyme get a receipt with their order ?

All I got was the box in a City link bag, I only ask as i tried to sell mine on here at cost but mods wanted a scanned copy of a receipt, I couldn't provide one as I don't have it. The thread has since been closed.

It doesn't matter to me anymore as I have now sold it on Fleabay.

I would just like to know how many people did get receipts with their 360 HD DVD Drives or not as the case may be?

Did anyone who ordered a 360 HD DVD Drive from Movietyme get a receipt with their order ?

All I got was the box in a City link bag, I only ask as i tried to sell mine on here at cost but mods wanted a scanned copy of a receipt, I couldn't provide one as I don't have it. The thread has since been closed.

It doesn't matter to me anymore as I have now sold it on Fleabay.

I would just like to know how many people did got receipts with their 360 HD DVD Drives or not as the case may be.

same im not sure why this needs a vote though your reciept is you email

No receipt just the mail here....

same im not sure why this needs a vote though your reciept is you email

My for sale thread was closed because of this, I don't want the same thing happening to anyone else who wishes sell an item from Movietyme to members and can't provide a scanned copy of their receipt.

I wanted to offer my spare drive on here first, looking at the threads there are still a lot of people waiting for orders or trying to source a drive. The only other resort is the extortionate prices on fleabay, which personally I wouldn't pay.

I wasn't interested in making a profit, just wanted to recover my money and let someone else have one in time for Christmas.

I've never had a receipt from MovieTyme. It's one of my criticisms of the company and seems very dodgy to me. But when the service is as good as it is (and that from their competitors is so much worse) it's just something you have to put up with.

My for sale thread was closed because of this, I don't want the same thing happening to anyone else who wishes sell an item from Movietyme to members and can't provide a scanned copy of their receipt.

I wanted to offer my spare drive on here first, looking at the threads there are still a lot of people waiting for orders or trying to source a drive. The only other resort is the extortionate prices on fleabay, which personally I wouldn't pay.

I wasn't interested in making a profit, just wanted to recover my money and let someone else have one in time for Christmas.

i have had a simlar thing happen to me but i did not buy it from movietyme ,

i had a 360 hd dvd add on for sale a few days ago and it was removed
why you ask?? well simply because of this, i ordered one from a retailer for myself i along with many waited a very long time i got fed up so i bought two off of fleabay one for me and one for a m8 @£190 a pop would you belive the day before my fleabay drives turned up so did my pre order :devil: typical,so then im stuck with a drive thats cost me £190 and to top it off my m8's pre order came through as well so i was stuck with two ***..!! GGGGRRR:devil: ..
Anyway i got shot of one for the price we paid and i was left with one more so i advertised it on here for £190i even have proof of purchase that i paid £190 for it through my email so i could show a admin that iwas not making a profit mearly trying to get my money and the ******** removed my for sale thread :devil: ..

so i still have one for sale and need to recooperate around the figure of £190 that it owes me but they wont allow it because they think im making a profit ,but the irony of it was i was selling it £5 less so i was actually loosing money so how these admins work out were making a profit i never know :rolleyes: ..:(

i have had a simlar thing happen to me but i did not buy it from movietyme ,

i had a 360 hd dvd add on for sale a few days ago and it was removed
why you ask?? well simply because of this, i ordered one from a retailer for myself i along with many waited a very long time i got fed up so i bought two off of fleabay one for me and one for a m8 @£190 a pop would you belive the day before my fleabay drives turned up so did my pre order :devil: typical,so then im stuck with a drive thats cost me £190 and to top it off my m8's pre order came through as well so i was stuck with two ***..!! GGGGRRR:devil: ..
Anyway i got shot of one for the price we paid and i was left with one more so i advertised it on here for £190i even have proof of purchase that i paid £190 for it through my email so i could show a admin that iwas not making a profit mearly trying to get my money and the ******** removed my for sale thread :devil: ..

so i still have one for sale and need to recooperate around the figure of £190 that it owes me but they wont allow it because they think im making a profit ,but the irony of it was i was selling it £5 less so i was actually loosing money so how these admins work out were making a profit i never know :rolleyes: ..:(

because the RRP is £129.99 :lesson: that fact you paid more for it is irrelevant that was down to you sourcing it from other means. And its clearly stated in the trading rules that you cannot sell for over the RRP.
So if you want to sell it either advertise it for the RRP or try and sell it privately but as stocks increase the likely hood of that is very small

I am starting to worry...movietyme have never responded to my emails! I paid for a 360 drive on dec 10th and have been told by city link that the parcel has gone "missing" from their depot! :mad: :thumbsdow

I have mailed movietyme 3 times now...no response whatsoever.:rolleyes: :suicide:

Absolute joke.Customer service? Hmmm.

I want a full refund.No replacement..a refund,as i have sourced the drive elsewere.

I am starting to worry...movietyme have never responded to my emails! I paid for a 360 drive on dec 10th and have been told by city link that the parcel has gone "missing" from their depot! :mad: :thumbsdow

I have mailed movietyme 3 times now...no response whatsoever.:rolleyes: :suicide:

Absolute joke.Customer service? Hmmm.

I want a full refund.No replacement..a refund,as i have sourced the drive elsewere.

oh no

im just about ot order from them (should i order - whats the usual delivery time from them)?

oh no

im just about ot order from them (should i order - whats the usual delivery time from them)?

Well if their are any hiccups their customer service is appaling in my experience! Still no email,no refund,and no way of actually speaking to a human being about it.I will never buy from them again,xmas is no excuse to completely ignore people! :mad:

To be fair, I had to email movietyme myself, I did manage to get a responce within 24 hours.

I have found the delivery side to be very hit and miss, I ordered a few HD dvds one DVD arrived in 2 days. I ordered five in total, it tokk two weeks to get all the DVds.

I have not had the need to speak to their Customer care dept, I just don't like the fact that you get no physical receipt.

I hope you get your moey back slinkywonka.

Well I ordered a drive from them and so far all the problems I am having is infact with Cith Link . The order was dispatched quick . Arrived in the country and sent to the local branch . I E mailed Movie several times and within a day or two thety responded . Infact I can not blame them for the drive disappearing .

I've had the same issue. Ordered an 360 drive on 7th December - 1 HD-DVD film arrived within 2 days and I got an email on 12th December saying the drive is with City Link and would be with me the next day - yet nothing has turned up.
I have sent 3 emails to them to try & get a package number for citylink so that I can chase it up but with no response!
Luckily I got it on credit card so if it doesnt turn up next week I think I might speak to them and go & by a Toshiba E-1 from Comet or somewhere.

Not impressed

orderd mine from movietyme on 16/12/6

arrived on 20/12/6 also came with serenity hd dvd that i ordered at same time.

if anyones hasnt arrived it should be citylink who`s arse u kik, i work for parceline and i can tell you theres loads of volume at xmas and they prolly underestimated and cant cope. ie, theres still stuff in the depots.

even play.com which i use a lot have a policy where they wont track missing items untill 14 day after shipping.

i got an xbox 360 game dispatched on 13/12/6 with play thats not arrived, im not gonna bother to contact them till the new year, theres no point.

chase citylink guys.

chase citylink guys.

When city link tell me that they have lost the package and i need to contact the seller,then chasing is pointless.It is now in the hands of movietyme.What can city link do for me? Nothing.They cannot refund me.It is up to mt to claim the cost back from city link,i am sure the packages are insured for this type of cock up.

Reading through here it looks like i am not alone,city link seem very capable of losing parcels.:rolleyes:

yes they are sheeite. Terrible Courier. Ive had countless problems with them.

Movietyme on the other hand have alway been great!

yea city link are terrable for delivery.... 60% of the time they dont know where the place is, 20% they deliver to wrong address and when you actually go to there depot OMG misserable gits they are.

I think mt should choose another delivery company.

How can you track a delivery with City Link if Movie Tyme dont issue a tracking number?

I have been waiting nearly 19 days now for my HD-DVD drive and it still has not appeared (despite and email saying it would be delivered next day on the 19th Dec), no reply to emails to MovieTyme either.

I have no problems with City Link as I have had numerous deliveries from them in the past and never ever had a problem with their service.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom