Question Did Q installer take away your Sky HD box?

rdmbfossa

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Our installer took away our Amstrad DRX890 box when he fitted our Q box as he said Sky were paying £10 per box and it would be credited to our account. As the market is flooded with old Sky boxes just now I accepted this offer as I thought it probably wasn't worth that much more for the hassle of selling it. I've never seen the £10 credited to my account yet and that's over a month since installation, was anyone else told the same by their installer?

This needs to be reported to Sky immediately.

He was a really nice guy, I did wonder if he was trying a fast one but if he did this with everyone I'm sure some of them would end up complaining to Sky and it would be easy for them to find out which installer it was, didn't think it would be worth risking his installer job for.

That £10 deal is no more, it was only on for a short time.
I rang sky yesterday with a query about something else and that's what they told me. They did come off the phone and ask their line manager.
They will send out a post paid pack to send it back to them for recycling, but no payment.
We have a spare drx890 box sitting here from our old setup, never got round to putting it on ebay.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom