Did Jammie Dodgers used to have a cream filling too?

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just hosted kids party & my wife reckons Jammie Dodgers were always filled with just jam. I'm sure they used to have a cream filling & jam in the heart part only.

I think you can get a jam & custard variety now but I'm talking the originals from my childhood late 70s / early 80s.

This thing is too dry
IMG_1500143861.392396.jpg

Please put me out of misery so I can defeat her with golden knowledge.

They certainly used to be bigger than nowadays!
Not sure about the cream filling though?

Yes

Don't know about the original jammie dodgers but Fox's does one with cream
Jam n' Cream
& the jammie dodger clone in the Family Circle biscuits has cream as well.

Ah, I think you've solved it. I reckon I only ever had them as part of a selection like Family Circle. Much better biscuit

The originals didn't and still don't, but the knockoffs do and taste better for it.

Ah yeah, Smiley Faces are another I must've been thinking of.

Any what's with Party Rings. They're OK but the kids think they're the mutts nuts?

I'm pretty sure they have smiley faces (or a copy) as part of the selection in Family Circle.
IMG_1520.JPG

Yes, definitely just had Jam. I don't think I tried the type with cream in until I reached adulthood

Originals too dry for me. Must admit I do like the foxes:

Jam n' Cream

Wish they were a bit bigger though.

They certainly used to be bigger than nowadays!
Not sure about the cream filling though?

On the subject of things getting smaller it reminds me of a story relating to Cadburys cream eggs.
A person wrote to Cadburys to complain that over the years their cream eggs had gotten smaller and the he thought it was outrageous that the cost kept rising while the eggs shrank.

Cadburys duly replied and informed the person that the cream egg had not changed since they first went into production as they were still using the original moulds to make them and that possibly the only thing that had changed was that the person had grown up.:)

On the subject of things getting smaller it reminds me of a story relating to Cadburys cream eggs.
A person wrote to Cadburys to complain that over the years their cream eggs had gotten smaller and the he thought it was outrageous that the cost kept rising while the eggs shrank.

Cadburys duly replied and informed the person that the cream egg had not changed since they first went into production as they were still using the original moulds to make them and that possibly the only thing that had changed was that the person had grown up.:)
Surely you can't say the same about Wagon Wheels?

However, a lot of chocolate bars (and other products) have been reduced in size recenly. The companies tend to quote two reasons (1) cost rising whilst product price has reached the point where sales would fall off if it were increased (I can beleive that one) and (2) in support of the governments obesity drive (yeah right that is just convenient).

Cheers,

Nigel

I call bollocks, you never used to get triple Bounty Bars, XL Twix bars or x2 Snickers.

Mars Bars now are just a little bigger than the old Fun Sized ones.

While the outer dimensions of cream eggs might not have changed everything else has. I remember when the chocolate used to be so thick you had to put some effort into biting through it. I stopped buying them completely when Cadburys switched to their B grade chocolate instead of Dairy milk a couple of years ago and they also became a chore to unwrap because they were so sticky where the insides had started to leak out.

While the outer dimensions of cream eggs might not have changed everything else has.
You might want to research that a little bit

_92324265_mike_pic.jpg

Every time i see a Toblerone it reminds me of Billy Connolly describing eating one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom