Reaction score
Current system
Sony STRDB 1070
B&W CC6s2
B&W DM602s2
B&W DM601s2
Celestion S80 sub
Mission Stands

Could someone give me an idea what the speakers are worth?

New System
Denon 3802
Anthony Gallo Micro speakers all round
Undecided on the sub, prog BK or Rel

I have not get the speakers delivered yet, I mostly changed over because I wanted to change the look of my living room but I was just wondering if the quality of the sound is going to be significantly poorer compared to my old setup?

Are you also going to use this set up for music?

I am not a great lover of the Gallo speakers and feel that moving from B&W to Gallo will probably be a retrograde step. I am also not a lover of the Sony 1070 amp and the Denon that you are buying should give you a fuller and warmer sound.

When it is all delivered I hope that you will give us your opinion.

I have not heard gallo speakers but had some kef eggs which are satellite speakers, for movies they were really quite good but did lack some mid range but for music they were pretty bad. I have recently upgraded the eggs for full size b&w speakers and would not now go back to satellites as they were definitely the weak link in my system.

I think the new setup has potential to sound better than the old one, the sub will be crucial.

The best by far in both systems:

The B&Ws!!! :thumbsup:
The Denon!!! :thumbsup:
A new Sub, go for a REL, maybe a Quake. ;)

Forget the gallos for music. :nono:

I disagree, the Gallos are quite nice for music, as I said the sub is very important though, it underpins the whole thing. The low end Rels aren't very good though.

Jeff said:
I disagree, the Gallos are quite nice for music, as I said the sub is very important though, it underpins the whole thing. The low end Rels aren't very good though.

After more than a year I found this thread... forget everything I said...:rolleyes:

Except for the Denon of course...;)

I can't stand B&W 6** sound now, and for the first time I liked tiny sattelites ... :D

the REL quake isnt a bad little sub, its just a bit overpriced nowadays, brand new for £225 would be a reasonable price rather than £375.....but thats only compared to BK.....against other subs available tbh i'd rather have the quake.

certainly in a small room its quite useful as it is pretty small, but can give a fairly good low end extra to a pair of standmounts....but its fairly useless i do agree with a decent pair of floorstanders or in a large room, hence my upgrading from my Quake to a Strata 5....lol.....for under twice the price its worth 4 times as much in comparison......

the Denons a nice amp......i dunno the Gallos sadly so cant comment on how it will sound in that respect.....

if your budget is limited i'd say probably a good idea to go with BK if you want a cheaper but powerful sub thats good quality, sounds like they cover those bases from the posts on here......if you want REL tho, tbh i will admit to get the most its only worth starting at the Strata 5 if your room is big or you are pairing with floorstanders.....

Lol i did not think i would see this tread again.

well now i have 2 setups:

Setup 1:
NEC 42VR5 Plasma
4 Anthony Gallo Micros
1 Anythony Gallo Due
Sony STR DB1070
Ruark Log sub

Setup 2:

NEC 42VR5 Plasma
B&W DM603s3
Denon 3802
B&W LCR60s3 (soon)
B&W DM600s3 (soon)

System 1 is used for HC most of the time and System 2 if for music.

Do anyone know if Micro Ti as center make a good match with QUAD 11L or Monitor Audio RS1?
I would assume Micro (old model) for the 11L or Micro Ti for the RS1... opinions?

Knyght_byte,
What do you think of a Quake / BK Gemini for a 4.80m x 4.50m room?

Falp said:
Do anyone know if Micro Ti as center make a good match with QUAD 11L or Monitor Audio RS1?
I would assume Micro (old model) for the 11L or Micro Ti for the RS1... opinions?

Knyght_byte,
What do you think of a Quake / BK Gemini for a 4.80m x 4.50m room?

No opinions? :confused: :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom