1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I miss episode of "The Practice?"

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Senrap, May 4, 2005.

1. Senrap

Senrap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've been away a few days and set my Sky + to make sure I wouldn't miss anything.
    I think the recordings were all made but it seems ITV 3 failed to transmit a very important episode.
    Has anybody else noticed this?

2. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed this too. At the start of yesterday's or the day before's episode there were clips from an episode I didn't see which had dealt with I think a priest raping a young boy.

It may have been shown in the early morning slot i.e. 1 or 2 in the a.m. but if it was, I missed it.

They did this recently with the final 4 episodes of Season 6 as it had an "adult" theme.

Seemingly when ITV3 finish showing all episodes they are starting from the beginning again - if so, I am going to keep a very close eye on all daily showings as I want to record onto DVD-RAM and don't want to miss any if I can help it.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

1) As a big fan of "The Practice" I did make an important post... here ... which did mention to other fans of the show, that some episodes were being shown out-of-synch. If possible, try and keep an eye out in the AV Forums "TV Programmes And DVD's" thread because whenever possible, I will post info if there is any late-changes to episodes of this show. :)

2) The episode that deals with a man (not a priest) raping the 13-year-old boy has been shown in the daytime. It sounds like you missed this episode from one day last week, when it was definitely aired (as I recorded it in the early-afternoon transmission).

3) ITV3 do NOT own the rights to Season 8 yet. As such, once we reach the end of Season 7 this month, ITV3 will be repeating all 7 seasons again, from the very beginning. However, if you want to make certain you don't miss any episodes out, print off the following list of episodes, and then cross them off the list once you have recorded them. Double-check that the each day's episode is being shown in the morning (at about 10:45am), the afternoon (at around 2:40pm) and then again, late night (usually around 2am). If the 2am episode differs, you may need to see what ITV3 has done to the running order and then record a daytime and late-night episode, even though they are shown on the same day. (I hope that all makes sense.)

Lastly, Season 1 and 2 are not shown in the right order. The correct running order is as follows:

Season 1
    - Pilot
    - Part I
    - Trial And Error
    - Part IV
    - Part V
    - Part VI
    - Dog Bite
    - First Degree (Part 1 of 2)
    - Sex, Lies And Monkeys (Part 2 of 2)
    - Race With The Devil
    - The Civil Right
    - Hide And Seek
    - The Pursuit Of Dignity

Season 2
    - Reasonable Doubts
    - Betrayal
    - The Blessing
    - Search And Seizure
    - The Means
    - Save The Mule
    - Spirit of America
    - Line of Duty
    - Truth and Consequences
    - Burden of Proof
    - The Ties That Bind
    - The Trial (Part 1 of 2)
    - Cloudy With A Chance Of Membranes (Part 2 of 2)
    - In Deep
    - Another Day
    - Checkmate
    - Trees in the Forest
    - Food Chains
    - Axe Murderer
    - Duty Bound
    - Rhyme And Reason

Use the remaining 6 seasons (Seasons 3-8) as shown on Epguides.com, and follow the PRODUCTION ORDER NUMBERS to obtain the correct episode/storyline running order.

Any problems, please post a message here, and I'll do my best to see if I can help you out. :)

Pooch

4. Senrap

Senrap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks Pooch. Very helpful.

I can't work out when I missed the rape episode. I record all the early afternoon episodes including last Thursday and Friday when I was away. Neither the Thursday nor Friday afternoon episodes dealt with the rape case so I am somewhat puzzled as to how I missed it.

Oh well never mind!

Right, I've just looked up the recommended website and everything is now clear. I forgot about the other gaping hole regarding Lindsey's murder trial!

If I set my recorder for the early A.M show I'll presumably miss other episodes unless I record twice a day. Life's too short!

5. blue_crow

blue_crow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    10x baby:)

6. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pooch, to the best of your knowledge, have ITV3 shown all episodes so far ? None were left out for any reason ?

Just thinking ahead to when they are re-run - don't want an incomplete collection if it can be helped.

Cheers in advance.

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi PearlJam,

I've tried to record every episode of this show, because I fear that a) it won't ever get a DVD release, and b) because I love the show. Now, I will do my best to state which (if any) episodes have been missed out or edited. So here goes...

Season 1
    Actually consists of 13 episodes (as mentioned in an earlier post), but ITV3 have always aired only the first six episodes as Season 1, with the rest interspersed with Season 2! (Tut, Tut :nono: !) All were shown uncut, as far as I can tell.

Season 2
    As per above, but one or two of the later episodes were edited for language and violent content. (Bear in mind, this included the two-part storyline in episodes "The Trial" and "Cloudy With A Chance Of Membranes", which dealt with a gory killing.) The problem with episodes from Season 1 being shown in with Season 2, is that characters frolm Season 2 appear alongside the Season 1 cast, when we haven't met them yet. Also, storylines come-and-go, and don't run concurrently, so all the "Previously on The Practice..." intros begin to make little sense.

Season 3
    All episodes were shown, but several were cut for language and violence. This included some of the overall storyline arcs involving George Vogelman and the decapitated head murder; the stalking of Lindsay Dole, and Lucy Hatcher's apartment being invaded by a peeping-tom-landlord.

Season 4
    All episodes were shown, but some were only shown in the late-night (circa 2am) slot! Minor editing (I think) was made to the final two episodes, for violence - the killing of DA Richard Bay.

Season 5
    All episodes were shown. I don't think any edits were made. If anything, it appears that ITV3 have now decided that pretty much anything goes, as far as language is concerned, even in daytime episodes, hence terms like "son of a b****", "b*st*rd", "b***h" and "g*ddammit" are allowable. Until now, most of these were cut for the episodes.

Season 6
    All episodes were shown, but one or two were only shown in the late-night (circa 2am) slot, specificially "Eat And Run", "Evil-Doers", which deal with a cannibalistic killer. These were the first two episodes in a (technical) 4-part storyline, that concluded in "This Pud's For You" and "The Trial"! Each of these four deal with Lindsay's second stalking by a psychotic serial killer, and her subsequent shooting of him, plus her trial for Murder One!

Season 7
    So far, no episodes have been edited, as far as I can tell, and all have been shown in their correct order! I don't expect any episodes to be shown out of order, or to be edited or censored.

I hope that helps a bit. To be honest, the best thing to do, is to print out a complete listing of all 8 seasons of the show from somewhere like Epguides.com, then check on your Digital Set-Top Box's 7-day viewing guide what episodes are being shown at what times, over the course of one week. Check the order of transmission against the Epguides list, and then record the relevant transmissions off of ITV3. I know it's a pain, but if you've got Sky+ or a DVD recorder, it's a darn site easier. For those of us with old VCR's (like me), it's more complex, especially when ITV3 airs episodes out of order!

Pooch

8. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pooch, you are the man :smashin:

I love this show but I think you love it a wee bit more than me :)

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Yep, I do love the show a lot - but then I am training to be a Criminal Lawyer. Oh, and wasn't it you who wanted this information in the first place?! :rotfl: Now, who's the obsessed fan?! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Pooch

10. Senrap

Senrap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Pooch or any other Practice lover, my TV listings mag. describes the episodes as being repeats. Is this correct?

Sky One, ITV1 & BBC2 have all shown the odd series or part thereof over the past few years but as far as I am aware the last 3 or 4 series being shown on ITV3 are new to the UK.

11. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Senrap,

On Monday 16th May, ITV3 will be airing Season 7, Episode 18 (I think) of "The Practice". Season 7 only lasts another 5 episodes (or so), and then ITV3 will be going straight back to the very beginning of Season 1.

As you have already pointed out, they are and are not repeats. I shall explain. "The Practice" has had a chequered history on UK TV screens. Sky aired Season 1 I believe, and then dropped the show.

ITV then bought the rights to Season 1, (before it was rebranded as ITV1). They aired all 13 episodes of Season 1, and then decided to drop the show completely. The BBC then bought the UK rights, and aired Season 1 and Season 2 on BBC Choice. After this, Season 1 and some of Season 2 was aired on BBC1, late-nights on a Thursday, but ratings being so low, it was quickly dropped, and left to air solely on BBC Choice. Then, ITV repeated Season 1 again. Then, BBC bought the rights to air Season 3, and aired Season 3 on what we now call BBC3 (formerly BBC Choice).

After all of that, ITV3 snapped-up the rights to air the first 7 Seasons of the show, which they have almost finished doing, before they do a complete 7-season run of the show again.

Some episodes will come up as repeats, and others won't. Just ignore whether they are or not. If you've not seen them, then that's all that matters. :)

Pooch

12. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It all starts again next Friday 20th :clap:

13. Senrap

Senrap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for that Pooch.

Slightly of topic, I have been watching Boston Legal and am unclear as to why it is described as a spin off from the Practice.

Having said that, if you can ignore the stupid music, it is not a bad show and I'm beginning to warm to it. It has some humour which the Practice had in the earlier series. It is a shame that aspect was, by and large, dropped.

14. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Senrap,

You said: "Slightly of topic, I have been watching Boston Legal and am unclear as to why it is described as a spin off from the Practice."
    - Season 8 of The Practice introduces the main characters, who then go on to star in "Boston Legal". Hence, BL is a spin-off of "The Practice"

You also said: "Having said that, if you can ignore the stupid music, it is not a bad show and I'm beginning to warm to it. It has some humour which the Practice had in the earlier series. It is a shame that aspect was, by and large, dropped"
    - Again, many critics didn't like BL at first, but continue to give it a go, as I am told that after the first 8-10 episodes, the show becomes a stunner!

Pooch

15. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Senrap, totally agree with you about Boston Legal - music is v. annoying !! I too am warming to the show, helped along by some nice eye candy :devil:

Pooch - hopefully when the re-run of The Practice ends, ITV3 will have secured the rights for Season 8 and I hope BL does indeed turn out to be a "stunner".

16. Senrap

Senrap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I emailed ITV asking if there were any plans to obtain the rights for series 8.

The response merely confirmed they don't have the rights and did not as such answer the question.

I suppose series 8 will eventually surface somewhere although I guess there is a good chance it won't be that great anyway.

17. Sarah7

Sarah7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +547
  18. Senrap

Senrap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks Sarah.
    I have seen series 8 and thought it was pretty good. It sets the scene, to some extent, for Boston Legal, with Alan Shore's character very much as it was to become.

19. Sarah7

Sarah7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +547
    I do like Boston Legal very much, although I paused catching up with it awhile ago somewhere near the start of season 4, as the quality seemed to be dropping. I'll definitely return to it, however in the meantime I'll be taking a first look at The Practice season 8. Perhaps it was shown on Zone Romantica or CBS Drama in the end? Not sure, as I wasn't paying due attention to their schedules!