Did I just buy a Wii for £29.99???

B

bhwrh

Hi,

I'm basically seeking advice on a purchase I just made:

I just bought a Nintendo Wii from Amazon for £29.99 :confused: It was displayed on the 'Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports and Super Paper Mario)' and was sold by Amazon.co.uk at a price of £29.99 [i know this as i used One Click Ordering]

Obviously this must be a mistake, but a lot of people must have snapped them up... Would they honour their pricing? I knew this would happen so I made some screenprints!

This is the link to the page it was available on: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...mp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B0010R4238

& These are the prints I took before the items went out of stock:

[Mod Edit]Have removed the attached photos now the item has been despatched as they were very large, if you can keep them to 800x600 in future it would be appreciated;)[End]

[Excuse the smudging, my attempt at blocking personal details I'm afraid]

Any advice will be appreciated!

Ben

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It looks like you did but I'd be surprised if Amazon honour it. But hey you never know!

I also just received a confirmation email:

Total: £31.98
Promotional Gift Certificates: -£29.99
------
Total for this order: £1.99

Dispatch estimate for these items: 15 Jan 2008
1 "Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports and Super Paper Mario)"
Video Game; £29.99

Sold by: Amazon.co.uk

Should I expect anything now?

Seems to me you'll just have to wait & see. I've had a couple of orders from amazon cancelled which turned out to be miss-prices(nothing near the miss-price of this item BTW) but at the same time I've heard of amazon honouring some large miss-prices in the past with others.

TBH I think it will probably depend alot on how many of the consoles got ordered at that price, ebay sellers tend to be pretty quick to spot errors such as this and order in large numbers which often kills it for everyone else. If you're lucky not many people ordered before it got pulled and amazon may just honour it, nobody can confirm that for you but amazon themselves so you'll just have to sit and hope:thumbsup:

£29.99 would certainly be a very good price for a Wii console package:D

That's a class pricing error :thumbsup:. Sadly Amazon never uphold pricing errors in my experience, but you never know your luck. Keep those fingers crossed!:)

lol, I just tried to buy it but the item is now not for sale directly from Amazon...

Up until the point of charging your credit card, Amazon can refuse to sell it at that price. But once they've charged your card, they've entered into a contract of sale and can't back out. That's how I understand it. So you could be lucky!

Grandmother sucking eggs and all that, but whatever you do, donot call/email them chasing this up. Its unlikely but if you're the only person to get this it might slip under the radar providing you don't bring it to their attention.

Keep us posted!

Nice! But... why didnt you put EXPRESS DELIVERY? Usually less chance of being caught out when you do that... apologies if you did but I didnt spot it....

Also, how did the other person get a gift boucher for £29.99?

I'd be very surprised if they honour it. If it was a difference of a few pounds then maybe but that difference is just way too big.

They won't honor it, but you may well get an apology gift voucher for £10-20 out of them which is better than nothing.

Well after receiving this email:

Your order #203-9543335-6602702 (received 14-January-2008)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered Title Price Dispatched Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Nintendo Wii Console (Incl... £29.99 1 £29.99

Shipped via Royal Mail (estimated arrival date: 17-January-2008).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: £25.52
Delivery Charge: £1.69
VAT: £4.77
Promotion Applied £-29.99

Total: £1.99

This completes your order.
+ confirming with Amazon via phone that it has indeed been dispatched, and the pricing error will be honoured: IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE GOT A WII FOR £1.99 (utilising a gift voucher which Amazon sent me a few months ago)...

The C.Assistant said that it would be investigated, but as my payment has been taken (AND THE ITEM IS SENT OUT!!!) they are under obligation to fully complete the transaction. And I was informed that under 3 orders were processed before they ran out of them - very lucky...

I will take pictures with receipt when the Wii comes (17th), just to prove to everyone Amazon's mistake!

Thanks for all advice/opinions

Ben

Wow. lol

I was going to say choose express delivery as this sometimes gets it out of the door really quickly before any sense check!

What a result, your lucks certainly in :thumbsup:

I wonder how many other people managed to get one at that price?

that made me smile!
it's great that they honoured it and you should enjoy it even more as it only cost you 2 quid!
well done m8
:clap:

:thumbsup: Nice one, that has to be bargain of the century!

if you was the only one then maybe you would an extremely thin chance of getting it but seeing as the wii was in stock and suddenly went out of stock for no reason amazon will chase it up.

nice one mate!

now join our quest to find games and peripherals for it,now thats tough!!!

:D

Thanks all, just a lot of luck lol

& Wellladida: Because the Amazon.co.uk Wii stock is so incredibly low and has been since before Christmas - its not unusual for the consoles to all be sold within seconds (literally) of them going up for sale!

So to Amazon it probably didn't seem unusual that all of their stock were gone so quickly! Infact, it was probably expected!!!

Ben

Hahahaha, that's brilliant. Well done you lucky sod :thumbsup:

Blinding deal! (Although I bet someone at Amazon will sh!t in the box just out of spite :D)

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm the other lucky person to get this whopping deal! I have been looking to get a couple of wii's, so I'm afraid I got 3 (feel a bit guilty to have snapped them up, but couldn't resist!).
Was waiting on tender hooks to see if they were dispatched, and I also got the confirming message to say that they now have; horray! I haven't had the guts to ring amazon, but I did do the express delivery option, so expecting them first thing tomorrow.

I guess we are (and probably ever will be) the only people in the world to get a wii for only @29.99...can't complain.

Enjoy!

hi guys,

signed up today after looking on the web all day for information on this mis price. I too bought a console last night at £29.99 and have also recieved the dispatch email. If they have emailed me the dispatch notice does this mean im going to recieve mine too?

bhwrh - Do you have the number on which you confirmed your order had been dispatched?

Thanks
kmac:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom