1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I imagine a SONY widescreen portable TV ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by smallangryboy, May 26, 2003.

1. smallangryboy

smallangryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'm looking for a sub 24" widescreen TV. Preferably portable / compact. I believe SONY did an 18" widescreen portable TV in the late 90's but can't find hide nor hair of it now. Can anyone help me out and point me in the diretion of the same or similar ?

Cheers

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have seen a thread on a similar rumour[Edit ignore me it was about flat screen protable] LCD WS now available! Philips do a 24" CRT as do Sony i think Phillips Defotry a quick search in thenTV forum under my handle i am sure i replied to thread on small Widescreens recently.

3. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was actually a 16" Sony portable - long unavailable now - but they do pop up occasionally for sale on eBay.

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony made a 16" & 24" Widescreen TV.. but I would be careful as alot of Sony TV's suffer from the right ghosting problem.. Put on something like The Simpsons, Futurama- and look slightly to the right of objects. There will be a ghost/shadow, usually about 5mm-10mm to the right of the object.

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,987
    The only 'little' 16x9 TVs currently in production are a crop of LCD models from a number of manufacturers, including Samsung, Sharp, Panachronic, LG.

6. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    SONY do a 17 or 18" lcd widescreen. Do a search and you will find more info. This topic was discussed twice in the past couple of months.

7. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not aware of the "ghosting" problem mentioned above - I have never seen it on any Sony set. And I have watched quite a few.