Did I imagine a SONY widescreen portable TV ?

smallangryboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sub 24" widescreen TV. Preferably portable / compact. I believe SONY did an 18" widescreen portable TV in the late 90's but can't find hide nor hair of it now. Can anyone help me out and point me in the diretion of the same or similar ?

Cheers

I have seen a thread on a similar rumour[Edit ignore me it was about flat screen protable] LCD WS now available! Philips do a 24" CRT as do Sony i think Phillips Defotry a quick search in thenTV forum under my handle i am sure i replied to thread on small Widescreens recently.

It was actually a 16" Sony portable - long unavailable now - but they do pop up occasionally for sale on eBay.

Sony made a 16" & 24" Widescreen TV.. but I would be careful as alot of Sony TV's suffer from the right ghosting problem.. Put on something like The Simpsons, Futurama- and look slightly to the right of objects. There will be a ghost/shadow, usually about 5mm-10mm to the right of the object.

The only 'little' 16x9 TVs currently in production are a crop of LCD models from a number of manufacturers, including Samsung, Sharp, Panachronic, LG.

SONY do a 17 or 18" lcd widescreen. Do a search and you will find more info. This topic was discussed twice in the past couple of months.

I am not aware of the "ghosting" problem mentioned above - I have never seen it on any Sony set. And I have watched quite a few.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom