Did I damage my speakers??

Ok it seems it hasn't fully gone away. Not as noticeable as initially but at certain volumes and songs it can be picked up slightly. I ll take it to the dealer and see how it goes. Bummer.

P.s although it's a bit of a pain being not heavily pronounced anymore in the sense that they might give it a quick listen, not pick up anything and just say I am imagining stuff... 🤷

Ok an update for any that might be curious.
I'll go straight to TLDR even though the whole process (and speaker) took a bit of a back and forth with the dealer etc.
99% the speaker is just fine and the problem was the bloody metal HF/LF link in the back which must have moved due to the strong bass vibration and ended up causing these distortions. I feel both happy and dumb at the same time.

Ok an update for any that might be curious.
I'll go straight to TLDR even though the whole process (and speaker) took a bit of a back and forth with the dealer etc.
99% the speaker is just fine and the problem was the bloody metal HF/LF link in the back which must have moved due to the strong bass vibration and ended up causing these distortions. I feel both happy and dumb at the same time.
I'm glad it was such a simple issue. Don't worry, it was a very easy thing to miss. I had his happen once before and it was not the first thing I checked. I'm glad the speakers are okay though...

Never heard off such issues like the speaker bridge falls of by itself.

Must be an odd one..

Do you use bare wire, spades or banana plugs. Use banana plugs. Bare wire, spades are not my cup of tea.

Short circuit the amplifier. No fun. Spades, you need to tighten them with wrench.

The best is banana plugs.

Never heard off such issues like the speaker bridge falls of by itself.

Must be an odd one..

Do you use bare wire, spades or banana plugs. Use banana plugs. Bare wire, spades are not my cup of tea.

Short circuit the amplifier. No fun. Spades, you need to tighten them with wrench.

The best is banana plugs.
Well it didn't obviously fall off completely but it seems the HF part wasn't 100% properly tight and likely when it vibrated it loosened and then wasn't making a proper contact.
When I got the speaker back from the dealer I made the same mistake again even more pronounced when I realised that I wasn't getting any tweeter/mid sound at all. Thought that the technician did something wrong (like troubleshooting the tweeter/mid then forgetting to reconnect them or something). I then connected the wires to the HF part of the plate and then realised that I had tweeter/mid but no bass, and that's where I realized that the issue must rely with me for certain. Got pissed off and just bi-wired that speaker and removed the plate completely. Fine since.
The wiring is bare but obviously there's no consensus on what type is better as there's different camps with very strict opinions. (I might switch in the future to banana plugs as they do look a bit better as well however I might have to get them from abroad as I haven't seen a shop in my country selling any [probably someone, somewhere does but I am not gonna scour the country just looking for banana plugs])

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom