Did anyone on here get an XboX for £50 from Amazon

I added it to my basket as soon as the button appeared, but it just said "Waiting in Queue" until the countdown hit zero, then it said "Expired!". The same with the Wii deal for 50 quid.

Yea same here, i got a bit muddled though coz i had 4 different tabs open. I hit all the xbox ones but forgot about the 9:01 wii and ps3. when i saw them come up i pressed one tab quick in a panic and it went full size so just got one press on the wii and ps3. Didnt get any though
The ps3 was a bit of a naff price

I added it to my basket as soon as the button appeared, but it just said "Waiting in Queue" until the countdown hit zero, then it said "Expired!". The same with the Wii deal for 50 quid.
Same here.

Wasn't too bothered as while it would have been nice to have at home it's no biggie

Me too, been after a second 360 to leave at the girlfriends :)

I got one. An upgrade for my 20gb (non HDMI) premium. But money is tight, so I haven't decided yet.

But money is tight, so I haven't decided yet.
If you've got one in your basket at £50, I would buy it if I was you, because even if you don't decide to keep it you can sell it for more than that.

If you sold your old console you'd get £50 for it anyway I reckon, so it's a free upgrade.

I didn't get one, but on reflection I'm not that bothered. I would have needed to buy a 250GB hard drive anyway, which would have been more expensive than the console. If somebody does a decent bundle on the 250GB model, I should be able to sell the games and get the console + hard drive for around the same price anyway.

I got one. An upgrade for my 20gb (non HDMI) premium. But money is tight, so I haven't decided yet.

If you've bought it and don't want it then I might see about buying off of you - after agreeing on a price, through the classifieds etc. :)

If you've got one in your basket at £50, I would buy it if I was you, because even if you don't decide to keep it you can sell it for more than that.

If you sold your old console you'd get £50 for it anyway I reckon, so it's a free upgrade.

Didn't it say that things left in the basket had to be bought before midnight to be got at the lightening deal?

Didn't it say that things left in the basket had to be bought before midnight to be got at the lightening deal?[/QUOTE]

Yea im sure you had to buy it before midnight.
Wow, if i had that in my basket i would of bought it straight away :thumbsup:
I did win 180 (3 months worth) of for hair growth tablets if anyone wants to buy them:smashin:
or i might keep them for about 20 years (i hope)

Sorry I should have been more clear. I did indeed buy it, once the shock I had actually managed to get one had warn off. What I meant was I have not decided what to do with it yet. I am currently weighing up what is the best way not to be out of pocket with my urge to have a nice new console. My thinking so far is to maybe buy a 16gb USB stick, transfer all my info, then flog the old one, but I have no idea what my premium is worth? Failing that I could be happy with my current one and flog the new one. Game station would give me £109, but I would feel like a right git trading it in as I know so many people tried hard to get it.

Game station would give me £109, but I would feel like a right git trading it in as I know so many people tried hard to get it.
Fair play mate, i didnt try to buy one as i already have 2 Xbox's in the house and i would have just sold the £50 one.
As you say check out what your old Xbox is worth and do whatever doesnt leave you out of pocket :smashin:

As far as im aware you can open your 20gb hd casing and plug the HD into the Slim, im sure some of the guys here can confirm that.

As far as im aware you can open your 20gb hd casing and plug the HD into the Slim, im sure some of the guys here can confirm that.
Yeah I did read about that. But I was thinking selling on a premium without a harddrive would reduce it's value some what. But if using the exisitng hdd makes more financial sense than say buying a USB stick I may well do that.

All this worry about money is rather annoying, that is what post graduate education does for you!

Game station would give me £109, but I would feel like a right git trading it in as I know so many people tried hard to get it.

Why? I should think the majority of people who got one from Amazon got it just to sell on ebay, and £60 profit for a couple of clicks and a trip to Gamestation sounds like a good deal to me :smashin:

In the past I would never buy something I didn't need just to sell for profit, but as I hear of more and more people doing it I sometimes feel like it just to deprive some eBay whoring :censored: from getting an extra £60.

Several times I have missed out on an item on eBay that I really wanted to a dealer who's going to sell it on in their shop for a 50% mark-up, the internet has brought profiteering to the masses.

I wanted one of the 4gb consoles off Amazon so bad but as usual, im sure the people who buy to sell for a profit bagged most of them. :(

I got one :) Wanted one for a while since I have a white HDMI-less 360 with a 120GB. Now I have to sell my current box and buy a 250GB HD for the slim. At the moment only Amazon sells them and for £80!! You can get a 1TB disk for that money. I will have to wait for a sale on it.

Edit: I also got Vanquish for £10, what an awesome game!

I wanted one of the 4gb consoles off Amazon so bad but as usual, im sure the people who buy to sell for a profit bagged most of them. :(

have a look in the classifieds on here as they are quite cheap when they come up for sale :smashin:

The whole thing was a scam to bring in traffic.

The whole thing was a scam to bring in traffic.
I think that's a bit harsh. They said that stocks would be very limited. If they weren't actually offering any items at the reduced prices then it would be fair to call it a scam, but the fact that someone in this thread got a 360 for £50 shows that there was at least some stock available.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom