Did anyone have a Toshiba 3d tv that didn't need glasses?

lpoolm

So just a general interest post. I only thought of it before when seeing tosh adverts for there new android tv. (didn't realise they were still doing tvs)
I worked for Tosh many years a go when they were a good brand and this came out near the end of my time there so never actually got to see one in real life, but did anyone actually have one of the glasses-less 3d tvs?
I would love to know what it was really like, even the value now if people have bought/sold one?
Thanks

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Never had one - was it ever really released? But I remember seeing a demo on a 24" screen. It was like looking at one of those lenticular pictures. Limited resolution, really only a few very shallow depth levels and you needed to sit pretty still if you were close to the screen or the image fell apart.

Are Toshiba making tvs or are they all Vestel Currys specials? My daughter has one and it's definitely a Turkish interloper...

lpoolm

I believe John Lewis had one in some stores to show off, I tried to get one in our shop but it never happened.
I "think " there vestel Tvs now but think I might have read something about sharp in America?
I know the laptops are gone now too! Sad really as they did really innovate but they never pushed the advertising as good as the likes of Sony /Samsung at the time!

PICKY737

I used to have an HTC Evo3d phone that used a glasses free screen for 3d viewing and even though it was only a 4 - 5 inch screen the effect was very good but had to be held at a certain distance to aquire the desired effect.

lpoolm

I used to have an HTC Evo3d phone that used a glasses free screen for 3d viewing and even though it was only a 4 - 5 inch screen the effect was very good but had to be held at a certain distance to aquire the desired effect.
Hi, you just reminded me of a laptop they brought out which had a 3d glasses - less screen. All I remember is it gave me a headache!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom