1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any of you use Bi Directional RCA to SVideo Cable?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jazzartist, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo there ,

I am looking for this RCA to SVideo cable , Iwant to use this with my LDplayer . My LDplayer is Pioneer CLD 3760 K it dosent have SVideo out ,so I searched the net and found that this kind of cables are avialbale I belive this will enhance the picture quality manyfolds . This ones not available where I live we have SVideo to Two RCA out which dosent work .I will have to buy from abroad . Can any of you inform me about the quality and performanceof this cable?Thanks in advance.

Jazzartist

2. TorAtle

TorAtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So your LD player have two RCA outs - 1 chrom and 1 lum? I've never heard of that before.

Anyone else?

3. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I think that you'll have to give us some more details of your LD player as it isn't a model which is available in the UK.
    What colour are the two outputs ? ...... the composite video output is usually yellow... what about the other one. Have you got a Dolby Digital (ac-3) output on your LD player ?

You can buy simple 's-to composite' adapters which combine the Y and C signals into a composite signal but you can't go the other way and 'seperate' the Y and C from the composite signal without some electronics.

Otherwise it should be fairly easy to make up a suitable connection....... some projectors use two bnc connectors for the Y and C signals.

I think that some early 90's LD players had another output for connection to a graphics decoder.... it might be that on your player.

brian

4. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo Brian,

Thanks for your reply .I am sending attachment file from this you will be able to asscess . I am looking for S Video to RCA cable can you give me ideahow much this ones costs i UK ? Have you used it or do yu know of anyone who has usd it? Regards.

Jazzartist