1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dictating Dish Details

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dbloor, Nov 14, 2001.

1. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want Sky, I accept I will need a minidish.

What I want to know is do I have any say in where it will be positioned?
    My house faces south and I do not want it stuck on the front.

It would be fine on the chimney breast but will the engineer put it where I want or stick it where he finds easiest?

Two story terraced house.

Cheers

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have quite strict rules to how high the engineers are allowed to ascend. If you get an install directo from Sky they will pull this Health and Safety mullarky, as well as change you and extra wedge for a non-standard install.

Your probably better off going to an independant dealer who will do the install for you, after discussing your requirements

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky installers came round to mine and also wanted to stick it on the front of my house. I told them to put it up on the chimney (where the terrestrial and fm aerials are) or they could take their dish and their contract and shove it! A little bit of whining and foot-shuffling from the "skilled engineers" and Hey presto! Minidish on the chimney stack.

Don't let them fool you into some HS&E bull! How the hell did the original tv aerial get up there? These guys are on bonus to install as many dishes a day as they can get away with, and get down the pub asap. YOU are the customer! Welcome to the world of Sky Customer Service.