• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dice silverline pro in BMW E46 2004

evil Homer

Got a Dice Silverline Pro about two weeks ago to go in my 2004 E46 estate.

Installation went without a hitch and is plugged into my Navigation head unit and my iPod classic.

Music plays fine, but the Dice interface won't store the text settings.

I set the head unit to cd 6 and track 6 to get the correct text setting for the navigation head unit. Text is then displayed correctly, letting me select playlists, artist etc without issue.

However if I go to the computer menu or turn off the ignition, the text setting is lost and I have to reset every time. Obviously this isn't right.

I've tried reinitialising the interface by disconnecting the battery and letting power drain out.
Interface is then reconnected but again fails to store the setting.

Does this sound like the interface is faulty?

The interface does seem to be storing some settings as I changed the input via cd 5 and changed it the aux port and turned off the ignition. Waited a few minutes and turned it back on and the input was still set to aux port.

All of the dip switches are set in the up position.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom