1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diboss DIBLT-27KLF

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by justdoit, Aug 22, 2005.

1. justdoit

justdoit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I've Just ordered one of these from Amazon after weeks of hunting and failing to find an Asda store in my area still selling Dual 26" TV's. Has Anybody else bought one? Seems a bit of a bargain as its an inch bigger than the dual (carm down at the back ladies) but more importantly for a TV in this price bracket, its HD Ready! Ok from what I notice it does PIP but only has a single tuner (I only use sky+ anyway so thats not bothering me) and the only component connection is via the DVI but other than that the amount of connections seem pretty good. Just wish I could work out how it fastens onto a wall (the online manual for the unit only states you can) before it arrives so if anyone knows, please post.

Thanks.

2. justdoit

justdoit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    guess I'm on my own with this one then, will post my thoughts when it arrives

3. justdoit

justdoit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Ok, The results so far -
    PQ - Very good blacks, infact possibly too black using sky+ as picture detail can be lost in it, football displays the usual digital artifacting around the players. Usual crappy noisy display during lesser channels but other than that very clear sharp picture (16:9 Ratio with usual resize options). No Dead Pixels!

PIP/DW can only display PC/AV not AV/AV

Connection - Prog/Comp connection available through DVI - no lead supplied so unable try this at the mo. (note no support through d-sub unlike my Infocus X1)

Sound - Clear and reasonable for a flat TV. Surround option waste of time owing to total lack of bass. Several sound presets available. Built in FM radio too as a little bonus

PC connection - Not tried yet as pc in office and TV in living room - I use a networked modded XBox for movies but comp lead used with projector incompatible with TV (D-sub not DVI).

Overall - Quite impressed - Quiet fanless operation, should fill all my requirements.
    Plusses over the Dual set available for the same money - Proper 16:9 display with HD compatible DVI,
    Minuses - lacks a wall mount as standard, Single tuner, no standard component connection

4. justdoit

justdoit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    After fully connecting up and playing around with this unit for nearly a month if feel I must warn other members if considering this model, but it seems either the TV is faulty or the company is telling porkies.

The PIP only works with PC Display (Dsub) on main and channel/AV in box(but with no sound).

You cannot swap pictures over, it simply reverts back to channel/AV.

I have no Dual Window option available or Scan mode which Diboss states the TV has.

They imply it comes with a wall mount (at least on Amazon) but it doesn’t.

The customer support is slow to say the least.

On the plus side I still believe the picture is very good for a cheap set and it is allegedly HD ready on the DVI but as I have been very disappointed with what I believed I was getting so far I will reserve judgment on that until I see it (or not as I will be demanding a refund and taking the company to trading standards if the other issues are not solved)!