Dianne Oxberry (NW Weather Lady)

Discussion in 'Obituaries Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,418
    Dianne Oxberry NW weather lady and presenter has died age 51 of cancer.

I switched the news on this morning for the weather just as the they was finishing the sad news Dianne had died, and I totally shocked and saddened, as I sure anyone one the North West who watches the local news will be.
    She not only was the main weather presenter in the north west but presented a regional program and before going studying meteorology worked on Radio One with Steve Wright and Simon Mayo.
    The news comes out of the blue as Dianne had been working up to very recently and I was waiting for her to come back after the new year.

My deepest condolences to Dianne to her family, friends and colleague.

Former Radio 1 presenter Dianne Oxberry dies aged 51

Dianne Oxberry 1967-2019 R.I.P. lovely lady.
    Diane Ocberry..jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,418
  3. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,761
    I have just heard this very sad news. She was part of the North West Tonight show for so long, it's almost impossible to imagine her not being there. I never knew she was ill, it was so quick. There are many many people in the North West who will be heartbroken by this, she was a lovely person.
    RIP Dianne.

Edit. The North West Tonight show was very touching tonight. Diane was obviously much loved, and it was a credit to the team that they managed to get through the show at all. Very moving and I can't believe anyone could have sat through the 30 minutes without shedding a tear.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,418
    I wasn't crying but my eye kept leaking but when Pamela Tiffin was mentioning there be no weather forecast and got choked up it got me going as well.
    Looking at the scene when she joined the team almost 25 years ago she still looked the same as she was on TV.
    Strangely enough it hit me when I saw the news in similar circumstances and came out of left field, when I saw the news of the death of an other Diane, and came as something that should not have happened.

Death, be not proud.

5. krish

krish
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Astral Crescent, Zoovroozlechester, Betelgeuse V
    Ratings:
    +15,787
    Posted North West Tonight's tribute programme in a GC radio thread before realising this thread had probably been created ...

As I'd earlier posted there, I hadn't actually followed her TV career, but remembered 'Oxers' well from Simon Mayo's breakfast show on Radio 1. Simon would refer to her TV appearances back then as Oxers on the boxers.

RIP