Diana

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
First look at Naomi Watts (King Kong, J. Edgar ) as Princess Diana

Naveen Andrews (Lost) plays Dr. Hasnat Khan

The story focuses on Princess Diana's secret two-year love affair in the mid-1990s with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Kahn that wasn't revealed until 2008.

Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel (The Experiment, Downfall, The Invasion)

Script by Stephen Jeffreys (The Libertine)

65525444.jpg

Last edited:
Everything about it looks awful, then again it has some talented people involved. However I have tickets to the world premiere tomorrow (not bragging or anything :D ), so I'll see.

Did I mention that I've got tickets to the world premiere tomorrow ? ;)

Looks nothing like her.

Couldn't they have CGI'd Di's face onto an actress to make her look just like her? ;)

Did I mention that I've got tickets to the world premiere tomorrow ? ;)

Think I'd prefer having my doodles eaten off by a rabid dog rather than this Royal Eastenders guff even if it is half decent.

Think I'd prefer having my doodles eaten off by a rabid dog rather than this Royal Eastenders guff even if it is half decent.

The Queen turned out alright. I liked its approach of a historical drama of very recent history. And I always prefer to wait till someone has at least seen a film before I make my mind up about it's quality.

Looks nothing like her.

Couldn't they have CGI'd Di's face onto an actress to make her look just like her? ;)

Seriously? I can't think of a better choice of actress, although Naomi is prettier than the real Diana (always had a massive crush on Naomi Watts).

I have little interest in this to be honest although it might be worth seeing purely for Watts' performance. IMO she's one of the best actresses in the world.

Helen Mirren looks nothing like Queen Elizabeth and yet she captured her perfectly.

Her performance in 21 Grams was fantastic, I have to say.

The Queen turned out alright. I liked its approach of a historical drama of very recent history. And I always prefer to wait till someone has at least seen a film before I make my mind up about it's quality.

Its not the quality of the film, it's the subject matter that puts me off from wanting to watch it.

Photos from this evenings' world premiere at The Odeon Leicester Square

Click images for more pics

I walked down that red carpet in my jeans and ratty T-shirt ! And Naomi Watts stood just inches from my seat for a moment.

Unfortunately the film was rubbish.

Naveen Andrews sporting the fashionable "Slept Under A Hedge" look.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom