1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diamond Center & DFS surrounds???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by CosmicOne, May 24, 2004.

1. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Diamond8.4 speakers as fronts,my center & surrounds are not good & not matched with thim(other brands),so am thinking about getting the Diamond8 center & Diamond8 DFS for rear,are those a good speakers & will they match my 8.4s??what do u think about the DFS??am now using ordinary pioneer bookshelf speakers as rears!!!
    i also read that the DFS & the center are louder than the 8.4s(DFS=90db,center=88db,8.4s=86db)
    my amp is KenWood KRF-V5030D with 110wattx5.

2. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have the full Diamond set (8.4's front, 8.1 rear and 8.c Centre/Home made Sub). Running the THX surrround setup on my system/dvd's they sound pretty well matched to me. I don't know about the dfs' though, not sure about them as I've not heard them.

3. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mat-D
    does those 8.1 playes loud???maybe as loud as the 8.4's (offcourse without the diff in bass) or when u get very loud u feel they are holding u back???also the same for the center what about it??

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    This is why you should use a sound level meter to set your amp and speakers up:D

5. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    C'mon guys??!!!
    more feedback plz.

6. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cosmic, I have the Diamond centre, 8.3 fronts and 8.1 surrounds and they integrate very well indeed. Perhaps as Dfoour suggests, it would be advisable to setup your system with a sound meter but try adjusting the speaker levels by ear, you should get it fairly close. I would think the DFS speaker would be OK as they are the same make but I have no experience of them. 8.1 surround may be better if your listening to music as well. Do you own a subwoofer? If not, you really should consider one.

7. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Who?? :rotfl:

:oops:

8. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes dude i listen to music alot but i love movies & prefer them more than music,also i have a subwoofer & i already have a Diamond 8.4 at front which produce good bass,
    i want to know could those little 8.1 when connected as rears playes as loud in High & mid freq as the 8.4 or are they going to bottleneck me at high volumes like -20db???!!!!

also i will not use them for music atall now coz i have Kenwood reciver which is very low powered when the 5speakers work so it not good for music in 5speaker mode but am planning on getting a Yamah RXV540 or 640.

9. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly - Sorry Dfour, I have trouble with the keyboard when I've had a couple of beers.
    Now Cosmic - The 8.1's are rated at 100watts I believe, so should handle high volumes pretty well especially as they're being used only as surround effect speakers. I think you really need to have a listen to the DFS and 8.1's and make your own judgement. As I mentioned, I have not heard the DFS speakers so can't make any comment. I can only comment on th 8.1's which I have running through my Yamaha RXV740 receiver.
    Can anyone else here shed some information on the DFS speakers?

10. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the Rxv740 have lots of power,aren't the 8.1s holding u back with this receiver??
    also is the center sound loud & clear??(i mean loud as -20db as i mentioned before)

i have a question about the DFS,if i get the DFS can i hook them on the wall behind me in a very high distance??? near the celling coz i don't have anyother place except that??or does they need to be a little over ur ear level???

11. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The advantage of bi-pole speakers over direct firing speakers is that they are happy being placed high above the listening position and becasue they bounce the sound around and off walls you dont lose anything. THX actually recommend bi/tri poles over other tyeps of speakers for the rears so dont worry about them. I use Eltax bi-poles as all of my surrounds and I have 2 above my seating position.

I thionk you are worrying to much about the speakers. They are from the same manufacturer, they are the same set and where released as a H/C package.:D what more do you want?? :lesson:
    At -20 you would not find any problems with power or drive. If you started running at Night Club volumes would you find out there breaking point ;)