Diamond 9.1 or Oli2?

Adamgbiggs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question, i have a Sony STR-DH800 amp (used in stereo only) in my bedroom and done a shortlist for speakers and it comes down to 2 sets, the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 or Roth Oli 2, the Diamonds i can get new for around £90 and the Oli 2 for £70, both good speakers, what would your choice be?

Thanks,
Adam.

Last edited:
Only you can say,really in your circumstances with your ears! The preference of one speaker over another is very subjective.

Personally,I wouldn't look at the Roth while the Diamond 9.1 is still around.They are originally a £200 pair of speakers for less than half price

K.

I have some oli2s and for 70 quid they are great speakers.

In fact I have the entire roth surround set up with oli3s at the front and it sounds way better than the price would reflect I got the entire set up used for 120 quid,an absolute steal my cousin has a q acoustics set up around 700 quid I think he paid with floorstanders and mine blow his away

They are really decent speakers for not much money,esp used if you can find them

I am after a pair of floorstanders either the oli40 or 50 for my brother now

I am not saying they are worth it over the diamonds I wouldnt know and the diamonds seem very good but they sound great either way

Last edited:
Thanks guys, might just buy both this coming week and have a test and send the one pair back and keep the preferred pair.

Thanks again for the input,

Adam.

Sorted, iv had the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's, they sound better than the Oli 2's IMO, although the Roth's did sound great for the money.

Thanks,
Adam.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom