Dialogue optical Vs hdmi

wy2k

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Some TV shows at least I can't always make out every word of dialogue,I do wear hearing aids as I have a little higher frequency lost (voices). Anyway I have a Yamaha yas 105 soundbar connected to TV via hdmi(arc).
My question is an optical connection better and can it make dialogue clearer?
Or is it just solely down to how they've mixed the sound when creating the TV shows ?
Thankyou

There should be no difference between HDMI ARC or Optical.

Hello,
Some TV shows at least I can't always make out every word of dialogue,I do wear hearing aids as I have a little higher frequency lost (voices). Anyway I have a Yamaha yas 105 soundbar connected to TV via hdmi(arc).
My question is an optical connection better and can it make dialogue clearer?
Or is it just solely down to how they've mixed the sound when creating the TV shows ?
Thankyou

Does the “clear voice” button on your remote help at all?

On multichannel audio content the dialogue is the center channel, and on proper receivers this and all other channels can be set to the correct/desired level in relation to the other channels.

So no, its not the way the content is made its how your equipment is handling the content.

Your soundbar seems to have just one option , clearvoice on or off.
If that does not help try setting the TV to stereo output only and see if that helps

My soundbar has surround or stereo option my TV sound settings doesn't have that option. I lose some sound details with stereo

Have you tried the Clear Voice setting as Andy suggests above?

I have a friend with a hearing impairment and she uses hearing aids too. I think she wears wireless headphones to watch TV, is this an option for you?

Yeah I've got clear voice on in TV sound settings and on the soundbar. Wireless headphones may be an option but not got any to try. But it might be worth borrowing some to try all be it wired ones

TV Shows - some are pretty poorly mixed, some Actors mumble and some Mix’s get messed up before Broadcast on some channels.

Your System - some make following dialogue more difficult than others, a more conventional Stereo Amp plus Speakers or Headphones May be a better option for you.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom