Diagonal pattern on screen - Sky Digital

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kensden, Dec 23, 2001.

1. kensden

kensden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just set up my VCR, DVD and Sky Digibox to play through my AV Amp onto an LCD projector. I am getting diagonal lines across the screen any ideas?

I've made sure all devices are some distance apart, I have tried to use good cabling throughout. This digibox is a second feed fom the dish via anew Quad LNB, the original box gives no such pattern on the telly downstairs?

Help, please!

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like interference.

I sometimes get this on my composite feed which is used to go to the other televisions in the house. I never get it on the main RGB scart feed though.

3. kensden

kensden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Digibox is connected to my A/v amp va a SCART to 3 Phonos could this be the source of the problem?

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly.

Try connecting it direct to the tv and select RGB and see if the picture improves. You will then have your answer.

Putting the video through the amp is an old fashioned way of doing things and most amps nowadays don't need the OSD as you can use the text on the front to see what is going on.