Diagonal line interference with DR-MH20 - HELP!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by leebloke, Oct 7, 2005.

1. leebloke

leebloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, hope someone can help as this is driving me mad...

Just got a JVC DR-MH20 DVD recorder, and hooked it up to my Sky box and 32" screen. The connection from Sky box (set to RGB out) to the MH20 (Composite in) is via scart. Then the MH20 (RGB out) is connected to the TV (RGB in) via scart.

While watching Sky the picture to me looks pretty good with no interference. But when watching a DVD, plugging in a camcorder to the ilink, or watching a recording made by the MH20 I get faint diagonal lines rising up the picture. This is especially noticable on solid colours e.g. yellows, light blues etc.

I've tried disconnecting everything. Moving all the power cables away from the scart cable, leaving the sky box disconnected and just plugging in the MH20 to the TV and testing with dfferent scart cables, but still the problem remains on DVD playback and HDD recordings.

Can it really be a problem with cables as when i'm watching Sky, which is passing through the MH20 and out into the TV through the same cable the picture is interference free.

Any help would be much appreciated...