1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diagonal interference lines from Sat. decoder

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jnwilkinson, Apr 26, 2003.

1. jnwilkinson

jnwilkinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what might cause faint diagonal interference lines on my TV screen when it is connected to a satellite receiver.

I have a Philips 36" Widescreen CRT, Denon 3300 AV Amp, Sony 905 DVD player, Humax satellite receiver, with video switching done through the amp.

The lines also appear on screen when I have the amp switched to DVD. If I disconnect the coax cable from the rear of the satellite receiver, the lies disappear.

This narrows it down to a problem with the cabling between the satellite dish and the receiver.

I have tried using different coax cable (both shielded), S-video and component video, all to no avail.

can anyone help?

cheers

Joe

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems likely that you've set your satellite receiver UHF output to a channel which is on top of or too close to a TV channel. It's important to set it to an unused channel in its range 21 - 69 and one which does not intermodulate with a TV broadcast channel.

The technicalities are a little involved to discuss here, although not too hard to understand. I got full information by downloading the eBook "piping TV Around the House".

Fman

3. jnwilkinson

jnwilkinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fman,

Got the satellite guys coming round tomorrow - will ask them to check the UHF output as you recommended.

cheers