Diagonal interference lines from Sat. decoder

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jnwilkinson, Apr 26, 2003.

1. jnwilkinson

jnwilkinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what might cause faint diagonal interference lines on my TV screen when it is connected to a satellite receiver.

I have a Philips 36" Widescreen CRT, Denon 3300 AV Amp, Sony 905 DVD player, Humax satellite receiver, with video switching done through the amp.

The lines also appear on screen when I have the amp switched to DVD. If I disconnect the coax cable from the rear of the satellite receiver, the lies disappear.

This narrows it down to a problem with the cabling between the satellite dish and the receiver.

I have tried using different coax cable (both shielded), S-video and component video, all to no avail.

can anyone help?

cheers

Joe

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems likely that you've set your satellite receiver UHF output to a channel which is on top of or too close to a TV channel. It's important to set it to an unused channel in its range 21 - 69 and one which does not intermodulate with a TV broadcast channel.

The technicalities are a little involved to discuss here, although not too hard to understand. I got full information by downloading the eBook "piping TV Around the House".

Fman

3. jnwilkinson

jnwilkinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fman,

Got the satellite guys coming round tomorrow - will ask them to check the UHF output as you recommended.

cheers