Diabolical Sky Customer Service

G

gls

i would like to express my total disgus with Sky customer service.
I had an installation booked today for HD and multiroom and awaited my phone call before 9:00 with anticipation - no call.
Engineer (sub contracted) arrived at 09:45 , 1 person came to the door and just said you have a problem , it is a high install (dish on chimney although originally installed by 1 person and not asked when I booked the upgrade) , I need to cancel the job and get it rebooked . He would then possibly come later that day. I asked why he couldn't do it - he said that he just couldn't and went on his way ( obviouslt to get more jobs in ).
i phone customer services at around 10:15 as their system had been down and was told that the engineer should have called and could have just got a new job no. and done the job straight away. Was told that he would definitely be with me between 3pm and 6pm and would phone me on my mobile 30 minutes before.
At 4:30 I called sky again just to make sure and had a pretty snotty woman speak to me saying that I was lucky that I had the job rebooked for today and normally it is the next day - I explained that I ran a company and MY time is expensive but the attitude was basically tough. She alledgedly contacted the installer who again promised to be with me at the alloted time.

At 6pm there was still no call or installer. I telephone again (45 minute phone call) and was told that he should be with me by 6.45 but if he wasn't I could rebook for tomorrow - not an option for me. I then said that I wanted to cancel the HD and multiroom and was put through to cancellations. the guy was very sypathetic , when I explained everything he said he was going to speak to a supervisor to see what could be done. NOTHING. He said although it was their fault , i could write in with my grievance. I then cancelled my HD and multiroom.

I am not very happy at all:(

regards

Gary

Mario Nicholas

Now that have experienced the wonderful Sky service from both installer and switchboard, You are eligible to join our club.
You are member number 3 875 099
:D :rotfl: :rotfl:

G

gls

I don't think they had any intention of showing up again today.

pwood

You are better off arranging HD install via a local company who come recommended by others in you area. I did this because I wanted my cable down the inside of my wall the same as the single run I had also involving going into my loft space. STD Sky installs dont do either I was told and rather than have an issue on the door step I went local.

Phil57

:oops: After waiting on the phone from 6pm to 6.45pm you must have known by the end of the call that the installer was not going to turn up at 6.45pm;)

G

gls

Phil57,

thanks for stating the obvious :rolleyes: I started the call with the installation 'team' at 6:00pm and was then ultimately transferred to the cancellation team who I finished my call with at 6:45pm

G

gls

Mitchec1,

Thanks for the information, I have duly sent an email with a copy of my post on the forum.

Regards

Gary

stammie

gls, I doubt very much they would install tomorrow either,
I booked my Sky HD on march 1st but have to wait until April 23rd for an install because I want the dish on the chimney,
the normal Sky installer isn't allowed to go that high and they have a Special Heights Team which is heavilly booked for this sort of job.

As an aside does anyone know when I should receive my viewing card and direct debit form?
With only 12 days until my install I'm starting to worry these aren't going to show up

G

gls

stammie,

I wouldn't mind but it was a 2 man team that came this morning ( and they told me that they were the 'special heights team' !

regards

Gary

Mario Nicholas

stammie,

I wouldn't mind but it was a 2 man team that came this morning ( and they told me that they were the 'special heights team' !

regards

Gary

Sounds like mis-information, lies and bull**** from the wannabe riggers.

The special Heights team are almost an urban myth developed to allow the Sky installers to walk away from any difficult and time consuming unprofitable installs.
I don't blame them for this behaviour the're paid peanuts for each install.

stammie

Sounds like mis-information, lies and bull**** from the wannabe riggers.

The special Heights team are almost an urban myth developed to allow the Sky installers to walk away from any difficult and time consuming unprofitable installs.
I don't blame them for this behaviour the're paid peanuts for each install.

If its a myth why would Sky have made me wait 7 weeks from booking and paying for my Sky HD until install?
Surely if the special heights team didn't exist they'd have given me a regular install slot then let me be fobbed off when the installer arrived?

Russellgti

The special height team do exist as they came to do my install. Although they where sub-contractors. Also they had no saftey gear at all which was bit odd considering if he slipped from where he had to run the cables from it was at least a 70ft straight drop.

Mario Nicholas

Self-employed independents usually complete the death defying high installs and complex work and receive a few more peanuts for their courage & skills. If health & safety regs. were applied to them then none of these installs would be done.

BTW
Before any of you "experts" with one install of Sky experience flame me.

I have installed some of the most difficult aerial and satellite high installs over the last twenty years, none of us use safety gear on houses, some do fall from height and receive serious injuries and none of us have a nice word to say about Sky.

goldriver

Standard Member
As a result of being messed about with the HD installation team - showed up, would not do job - said would return later that day - confirmed with sky they would be back between 4pm - 6pm [no show and no promised telephonecall] - sombody arrived 3 days later, no notification to me to do job - I went to work and wife was picking up kids - engineer left note to call and quote job number.

I made call and was given new installation date 9th Jan 09 - I cancelled the sky+HD order and cancelled my sky subscription - their loss £57 per month plus £105 box and installation fee.

I wish everyone would cancel and show sky what a RUBBISH customer service they have and bring that company down.

wednesday83

If you think the service you are having now is bad, just wait until you have HD installed. You have not seen anything yet.

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
To be fair to Sky I'm sure the people in the call centre did everything they could. New HD installs are running into January (indeed even as a staff member I'm having to wait until 21/12 and i ordered 2 weeks ago) they can only give the dates available due to a shortage of HD boxes in the country.

Would you have been happy if your job and your HD box were given to someone else because of a screwup by the Installer/Sky? Of course not. The staff in the callcentre can only give dates that are showing as available.

wednesday83

The staff in the call centres generally dont give a toss. yes, theres a few who may give a damn and try and help the customer, sadly they seem far and few between. With sky its a bit like that character off Little Britain "Computer says no.... So Im not gunna bother"

Ive noticed on my recent calls to sky that some of our indian friends are calling themselves Daniel or Matthew now. Is this Skys idea???? I had one this morning call himself Daniel (wonder if he could spell it as he certainly did not know much english) and the other named himself Matthew. The first one also refused to admit he was in India lol. When I asked if he was in India he said he was not allowed to say lol.

MattBW1970

Standard Member
If the computer says no, then it is almost literally it can't be done!

That's an ansolutely pathetic answer, any system and be overridden. What you are really saying is 'I can't be Arsed to sort this out'. Typical customer service reply and it really makes me angry

Last edited by a moderator:

crimson

Standard Member
My experience with them has been bad. I have been transferred to level 2 support, which was a number that was no longer in use; put on hold and then the call drops out, and then fed up of phoning, I emailed, but didn't receive any response.

kenedin

People in this country want cheap everything. That's what this place is all about. I'd add "& nasty" to that as well. So why does it surprise everybody when you get shoddy service, shoddy boxes with bucketfuls of bugs, and installers who are paid peanuts and don't give a monkeys when it comes to going to someone's house for a cheap install. Some people want their cheap cake and eat it. You wanted low-price everything. Now you've got it. So what exactly is the beef?:hiya::hiya: . You don't get Rolls Royce anything when you've paid for a Trabant.:D:D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

StormAudio launches ISP Core 16 AV processor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cabasse launches limited edition Pearl Pelegrina speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 22nd September 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar