Diablo 3 - Part 3 - Welcome to Error 37

I had 2 Ancient Yangs recurve drop last night! one of which gives 40% damage boost to the regular one i was using before!

:love:

first time I've done a season on this and really enjoying starting from scratch. username is jassco#1995 (don't worry I'm not an 11 year old!) for odd games on evenings

Just started playing this and this type of game. As I get older I'm struggling with the FPS types of games and looking for a more slower pace more story driven game.

Level 6 barbarian so far but I find its just a lot of button bashing :/

Just started playing this and this type of game. As I get older I'm struggling with the FPS types of games and looking for a more slower pace more story driven game.

Level 6 barbarian so far but I find its just a lot of button bashing :/
Diablo is an action rpg which is generally a lot of button clicking! If you're after something a little but more thought through and slower paced I'd suggest pillars of eternity - it's a fantastic game. But so is diablo in its own way

best to play through the campaign once by yourself before jumping into multiplayer. Also you need to expansion to get the most from the game too

I'm paragon 170 ish now. I'm looking for a decent barb build, I've seen the 'God mode' type build but doesn't seem to work well for me. I keep running out of charges !!

I'm paragon 170 ish now. I'm looking for a decent barb build, I've seen the 'God mode' type build but doesn't seem to work well for me. I keep running out of charges !!

What are you playing the barb dps/support, in groups or solo? i could help you find a build if u give a bit more info :)

Bought this the other week and started it this there not much in the instructions so looking for a bit of help here.
A few times I get got a on screen message like new rune available and new rune slot open but done know what they mean although take its something to do with.
Thanks for helpful help in advance:smashin:
Regards Garrett.

Rune.jpg

As you level up to 70 new skills and skill slots will become available along with the various rune selections that modify how the skill behaves, same with the passives. Just click on skill or passive tab and you will get another screen with the option to choose the skill assigned to that slot and its rune selection. When you reach lvl 70 you will have all the options available.

As you level up to 70 new skills and skill slots will become available along with the various rune selections that modify how the skill behaves, same with the passives. Just click on skill or passive tab and you will get another screen with the option to choose the skill assigned to that slot and its rune selection. When you reach lvl 70 you will have all the options available.
As picture in my above post is the skill screen but no where does it say I have a rune to use or how many points I have to upgrade. I also believe there different paths like in Diablo 2 e.g. you could say have a frost or fire sorcerer from talent trees but they done away with trees, but cant see where there that opting to follow one specialization.

Unlike Diablo 2 everything skill wise remains selectable, so you can always modify or change as you go and there are no points to spend as such until you reach lvl 70 and start collecting paragon points, just thresholds at which things unlock, just left click on any of the skills or tabs and you will get another screen with selection options. Everything including skill selections, passive and paragon once you get it can be changed as you lvl up or decide to change or try different options.

There are no points to upgrade in Diablo III, the levelling is all automatic.

Normally when you level and you get something new, then a pop up appears with the information and if you click on it, it will take you to the skills screen and show you what is new.

On the screen you posted, it looks like you just unlocked the Passive slot, you will see it is in green.

Specialization now is more equipment related. You always have access to all of the skills, once you reach top level. Then once you hit the level cap of 70, then the paragon system kicks in and you level that up, which allows you to select points in the paragon system to further customise your hero.

In one way it doesn't allow you to create a build in the traditional ARPG sense, but then again it doesn't penalise you for making bad choices. Most of the end game is still about creating your builds, through item hunting and gem hunting to boost the skills you want to use. You are just free to change whenever you want.

There are no points to upgrade in Diablo III, the levelling is all automatic.

Normally when you level and you get something new, then a pop up appears with the information and if you click on it, it will take you to the skills screen and show you what is new.

On the screen you posted, it looks like you just unlocked the Passive slot, you will see it is in green.

Specialization now is more equipment related. You always have access to all of the skills, once you reach top level. Then once you hit the level cap of 70, then the paragon system kicks in and you level that up, which allows you to select points in the paragon system to further customise your hero.

In one way it doesn't allow you to create a build in the traditional ARPG sense, but then again it doesn't penalise you for making bad choices. Most of the end game is still about creating your builds, through item hunting and gem hunting to boost the skills you want to use. You are just free to change whenever you want.
One of the annoying things in Diablo II was yu could spend hours and hours making a build and then Blizzard would change things and ruin a build even if you just wanted to play on your own. I remeber the paladin had a talent when you thew a hammer which spiraled out from you and you also could use an other talent that increased damage which a lot of people made there build towards then Blizzard stopped it being used together.
They did the same with World of Warcraft I chose a Dwarf when making my hunter because of the extra damage buff for using guns (I rather have chosen an other race). Then the removed the buff but never gave the option to swap races without paying £17.:mad:

One of the annoying things in Diablo II was yu could spend hours and hours making a build and then Blizzard would change things and ruin a build even if you just wanted to play on your own. I remeber the paladin had a talent when you thew a hammer which spiraled out from you and you also could use an other talent that increased damage which a lot of people made there build towards then Blizzard stopped it being used together.
As a D2 purist, you'll be meaning the Blessed Hammer skill. Hammerdins (as they were known) were always OP once they introduced synergies into the game. Blizzard did try to nerf them a bit by making some monsters immune to the skill but I never remember the hammerdin build ever being ruined. It still remained one of the strongest in the game post nerf.

BTW Have any of you D3 players checked out Path of Exile? For me it's D2's spiritual successor (and it's free).

As a D2 purist, you'll be meaning the Blessed Hammer skill. Hammerdins (as they were known) were always OP once they introduced synergies into the game.
That's what they called them. I also vaguely remember it being reviewed on .tv, was it Mark Cieslak reviewing it? but who ever it was said one of the charterers was a Paladin pronounced as pay lad in.

Can anyone tell me where your suppose to take the Black Mushroom to get the staff to get in Whimsyshire. It says when you hover over it that witch Adria would interested in it. But from what I read she seems a boss that you have to kill (and sounds like a raid).

Can anyone tell me where your suppose to take the Black Mushroom to get the staff to get in Whimsyshire. It says when you hover over it that witch Adria would interested in it. But from what I read she seems a boss that you have to kill (and sounds like a raid).
Still after an answer to that.
Anyway my computer did an update today and when I came to play Diablo said I was already playing it:eek: I thought as I have to log in although playing solo had I been hacked.
Did a search and it seems a regular problem and found by disabling streaming it loads.

I also was coming he asking if anyone thought the Templar sounds at times like Sean Bean, but then looked it up and some well know actors as the voices and this one was Dominic Keating who you should know from Star Trek Enterprise.

I not used any runes yet have some lv 40 chars and dont want to lock them in if I want a better build later on but believe you can change them but made a low lv char to try and remove a rune and cant, how do you move runes about?

You can select No Rune on the far left on any skill. Or are you talking about moving skills around? You can right click on any open skill/action bar slot and it will display the skills that can be assigned there. If you want to assign any skill to any slot (highly recommended, arguably essential) then go to Options --> Gameplay --> under Interface (right) column --> tick/check Elective Mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom