Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DHT500 Help please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by lee_d_m, Feb 12, 2005.

1. lee_d_m

lee_d_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    hi Guys,

Apologies for another similar post, but I really could do some help here.

I am trying to connect up my Denon DHT500.

I want to connect my Sky+ to it via RGB scart and then connect the Denon to my TV (Phillips pf9986 LCD) via Component/DVI.

So far, when everything's connect, I get a "picture format is not available" message on the screen.

I've checked the settings on the Denon, picture format is widescreen, tv type = tried all of them etc etc.

Can someone advise as to what I need to do to get it working.

n.b. DVD via component to the TV works, but only when using Progressive Scan, but I get black bars at the top and bottom, DVD via scart to the TV is fine,

thanks in advance

Lee

2. drbob

drbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The DHT 500 will not convert anything to component video. It only does composite video switching. The scart socket is not a video input (though it will accept audio input). You will only get a signal from the component out when playing a dvd.

If you want video switching through the dht500, connect your sky box to the dht500 with a composite video cable and connect the scart to the tv. You can connect the component leads in parralel to get the component video for dvd. The DHT-500 does not have a dvi out. If you need component video switching/conversion get a more expensive receiver.

Hope this helps.