DHD4000 replacement - what should I get?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by chippieuk, Feb 4, 2009.

1. chippieuk

chippieuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have up until two weeks ago had a Thomson DHD4000 Freeview PVR, which was excellent.

However, it has died, and so I am looking for a replacement, which is an absolute nightmare.

I did get a hitachi pvr from argos, which wouldn't work, so went back. I then got a thomson one, again from argos, only to be given a 'luxor' box. What the hell is that. Tried it, and it's rubbish, so is going back.

Are there any freeview PVR's worth buying that work well, like the old DHD4000 did, or do I have to resign myself to some second rate rubbish.

Considering the original thomson I had cost £100, i'm not really wanting to spend any more than than.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

2. scribbler101

scribbler101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I'm very happy with my Wharfdale something or other.

But how old is your Thomson? Repair/replacement claim?

3. chippieuk

chippieuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    the thmmson has lasted for 4 or 5 years so is well out of warranty. apart from not having series link it was a great bit of lit. all the ones out at the moment for a similar amount I said years ago seen to be completely rubbish in comparison.

there must be some decent pvrs out there but I can't find them or any decent websites with comprehensive reviews.