DH-4B1S (Liteon/Philips) Blu-Ray Region Setting?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by rawly, Jan 13, 2008.

1. rawly

rawly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last week I got my new Dell system with Blu-Ray write. This is the Phillips/Liteon DH-4B1S Writer. I have yet to discover how to set the Blu-Ray region. The normal DVD Region 2 setting was in the Region Tab of the device driver, and I set this OK to Region 2. But on testing my Blu-Ray disks all my regionally encoded 'B' software would not play with an error message the hardware was not region 'B'.

I called this into Dell support, but they have no answer to this yet. These are relatively new machines for Dell, and so it will have to go to their R&D people - but I thought I might get a quicker answer on here!

Anyone know how to set it? I did find this article regarding a Pioneer unit, so it does appear the region code is set differenty for the Blu-Ray region than that for the DVD region. I've not been able to try this method as I don't have WinDVD installed at the moment. I have Power DVD (for Blu-Ray) which came with the machine, but I've not come across any setting at all for Blu-Ray region here.

Here's the Pioneer article anyway: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...nnel=37140c8a81ed4110VgnVCM1000002567a8c0RCRD

2. rawly

rawly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :clap:

I found how to do it! There was an option in Power DVD to set the Blu-Ray region. It had been defaulted to region 'A'. Don't know how I missed it before, I think I assumed this would not be in the application, rather the device driver.

:thumbsup: