DGM 3d media player help please

JTM

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased the 3d media player through misco 2 weeks ago.
It does playback nearly all files including .mkv flawlessly.

I encountered shortly after using it, one or two errors.

I contacted customer service which was appalling as they only seemed to be aware they were selling lcd+plasma tv's (telling me they could find no record of the model I had purchased from misco), I am posting here in this forum in the hope I can find some help please. This is what customer service had to say.
Quote:-
"Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately this is also the incorrect model number, your model number will begin with L- ... if it is a monitor and LTV- ... if it is a TV."

Model - MMP-002D
MMP-002D-9EUK (DGM MMP-002D-9EUK )
Serial No. 999129778
Colour - White
Fault Description :-

1 - Upon playback of .mkv files, it is not possible to turn off subtitles, which is very frustrating, only the language, colour, font etc. can be changed.

I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this, or knows a work-around.

Model - MMP-002D
MMP-002D-9EUK (DGM MMP-002D-9EUK )
Serial No. 999129778
Colour - White

If anyone can help it would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
The only work around I've figured out is stripping the subtitles from the .mkv file. I know this isn't a perfect solution, but one that suites me.

I run mac osx and have found an application which work brilliantly; MKVtools (i use version 2.2.6 because my mac's a bit old).

If you select the Subtitles stream, then "Delete" it will make you another .mkv file without the subs in it.

I sometimes come across .mkv files which won't play at all, to solve this select only the Audio and Video streams, set it to make an .mp4 file, select "General" and set the audio and video to "Pass Thru". This makes an .m4v file which the player has no problems with.

I hope that helps, only a year late!!

Last edited:
thanks for the reply Babasonicos. MKV tools is indeed a usetool program for this.
I actually found a workaround using mkvmerge GUI, which I used to remove subs, and, then MKVtools to actually check and 'fix' the files if necessary :)

Just got one, any more permanent solutions to this problem - any firmware updates or word from the manufacturer ?

Not that I'm aware of... I do only use mkvtools v3 now though, it does everything I want it to.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom