1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dfs-18

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by durk, Jul 25, 2003.

1. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any one had probs with these speakers? I bought a pair about three weeks ago, I'm on my second pair as the vioce coil went in the first pair! and now the replacments have failed. im getting a wee bit *&$& with them! I've also heard that the pioneer 2011 doesnt really get on with lower inpedence speakers (the wharfs are 6 oms)although i have set my amp to the six omhs setting could this bugger the speakers

PS I havnt done anything stupid with them or cabled them up wrong!:confused:

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    You need to try and ascertain if the speakers have a fault or if part of your equipment is causing the problem. You can only ask for the dealer to replace the speakers again but if it happens a third time I'd be inclined to look at your kit (assuming no other people are having problems with this speaker model).

3. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old wharfe's were haging round for ages on the same equipment without a hitch!

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Best change them for a third pair or another model of speaker maybe?

5. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about a change of brand although i wanted the wharfs becouse there supposed to matched to the evo center and the quads use wharf drivers!What would you recomend?

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Don't really know much about Quad or Wharfedale speakers but how about another pair of Quad 11l's as surrounds?

7. Kaledii

Kaledii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have had a pair for a couple of months now. I did have to have the first pair replaced. This was because the casing had been put on and crushed one of the cables connecting the base driver.
    Customer support from Hifibitz/Wharfedale was excellent, replaced without question.

The second pair are fine and I really like the sound from them. They match the rest of the diamond/old pacific speakers that have.