Dexter Revival (Showtime)

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Michael C. Hall, who played Dexter in the series, which ran between 2006 and 2013, is back with showrunner Clyde Phillips.

The network has handed the series a ten-part run that is set to go into production in early 2021 with a tentative premiere date of fall 2021.

There are no details as to the whereabouts of Hall’s Dexter in the reboot but
the finale of season eight saw Dexter having faked his death and living under a new name in Oregon after wrecking his boat and escaping from a hospital with the body of his sister, who had been shot and left in a coma, and having sent his son Harrison and love interest Hannah to live in Argentina.

It would be great if they could reboot it from roughly the start of Season 5.

A chance to correct that ending.

I'm just surprised It's taken them so long.

I’m thrilled this is coming back. I re-watched seasons 1-4 earlier this year. Didn’t bother to sit through season 5 onwards again.

I'm nervous but excited for this!

I think I was definitely in the minority with loving the end! :blush:

I'll take nothing less than a Bobby Ewing shower moment to correct things.

I'll take nothing less than a Bobby Ewing shower moment to correct things.
You may need to explain that to all the millennials 😉
But yes a complete reset would certainly correct a lot of the last few seasons mistakes.

I assume this revival won’t be set in Miami as there is really nothing there for Dexter anymore.

Maybe he will track down Hannah and Harrison. Would love Batista and Masouka to be back though.

awesome, one of my favourite actors.

I gave up on this about 3-4 episodes into the final season, I'd just had enough and it was obvious the finale was going to be dreadful.

I then read about it afterward and had no urge to go back and watch the ending at all.

I did read an alternate ending that was posited by a former showrunner (I think) that was never used.

The idea was Deb confronted Dexter and it got violent, then it would go out of focus and we see the same image in Dexters eye, it pulls back and we see Dexter lying down wearing an orange top. Then it continues to pull out and Dexter is strapped to a bed. He has tubes sticking in him and we can hear a heart monitor. Someone is speaking faintly, it is the last rites being given by a priest. It pulls out further and we see he is surrounded by men in uniform, he is wearing a jumpsuit. Dexter is being executed. As he looks out into the public gallery we see many of the people he has killed over the duration of the show, Rudy, Trinity, Doakes and....... Deb.

The entire show was Dexters life flashing before him before the lights go out.

Filming for this was set to begin by now.
pandemic aside, is it underway?

I gave up on this about 3-4 episodes into the final season, I'd just had enough and it was obvious the finale was going to be dreadful.

I then read about it afterward and had no urge to go back and watch the ending at all.

I did read an alternate ending that was posited by a former showrunner (I think) that was never used.

The idea was Deb confronted Dexter and it got violent, then it would go out of focus and we see the same image in Dexters eye, it pulls back and we see Dexter lying down wearing an orange top. Then it continues to pull out and Dexter is strapped to a bed. He has tubes sticking in him and we can hear a heart monitor. Someone is speaking faintly, it is the last rites being given by a priest. It pulls out further and we see he is surrounded by men in uniform, he is wearing a jumpsuit. Dexter is being executed. As he looks out into the public gallery we see many of the people he has killed over the duration of the show, Rudy, Trinity, Doakes and....... Deb.

The entire show was Dexters life flashing before him before the lights go out.

Sorry to pick up on an old post, but Ive always thought that ending was probably a fairly lazy and obvious way to end it. I personally thought the way it ended was far more brutal (as in good). Looking forward to the revival though.

Sorry to pick up on an old post, but Ive always thought that ending was probably a fairly lazy and obvious way to end it. I personally thought the way it ended was far more brutal (as in good). Looking forward to the revival though.
I loved the ending too. Can't wait for the revival as well!

Just in case this video is showing up as private for everyone else too…

13E3FCCB-CA63-4150-AF0E-02E32F375951.jpeg

Here’s ShowTime’s tweet…

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom