Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Powerline Network Kit Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Greg Hook, 7th October 2013. The dLAN 500 WiFi Network Kit offers three powerline adaptors, one wired and two with WiFi access points. Literally within 30 seconds of plugging all three devices in the powerline network is fully up and running and the two WiFi access points are available. It really is that easy.
Read the full review...

Last edited by a moderator:
To get anywhere close to 500Mpbs you need to be looking for Powerline adaptors with Gigabit ethernet ports. Sadly we are yet to receive any such samples for review, but if we do it would be very interesting to see just how well they perform.

FYI , all of the following have Gigabit ports , they have been around for quite some time now ...

Belkin AV500 F54085
D-Link DHP-500AV
Netgear XAV5001
Trendnet TPL-401E
Zyxel PLA4205
Zyxel PLA4225

I have the D-link Myself ..... They do exceed the 100mbps limit of fast ethernet , but not by much , the best Ive managed is approx 120-130 mbps.

FYI , all of the following have Gigabit ports , they have been around for quite some time now ...

Belkin AV500 F54085
D-Link DHP-500AV
Netgear XAV5001
Trendnet TPL-401E
Zyxel PLA4205
Zyxel PLA4225

I have the D-link Myself ..... They do exceed the 100mbps limit of fast ethernet , but not by much , the best Ive managed is approx 120-130 mbps.

Thanks. I'm aware there are a few about especially the Zyxel ones, but I can only review what we get sent.

Watch the forums though as I am getting sent a 600Mbps powerline adaptor with Gigabit ethernet soon to review. Whether the test results get anywhere near that speed is another matter entirely!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom