Devolo DLAN 200 AV Ethernet Homeplug KAdapter Starter it

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by norge, Jan 14, 2008.

1. norge

norge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I am soon committing to buy the above. Just to be double sure.... will they connect if they are connected on different ring mains?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. JuzzyD

JuzzyD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If the ring mains are from the same dist board then there should be a good chance they will connect but speed may be reduced.

3. mattgod69

mattgod69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes they work in my house, they are fantastic. 120Mbps.... much better than the Netgear, they were useless. Could not get much better than 50 in another room. Get them, you will not be disappointed. PC World amazingly have these at the best price at the moment £123....

4. simonf7

simonf7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    They actually have them individually for £59.99 as well, so would be cheaper to buy two individual ones :thumbsup:

Si

5. Geeza0007

Geeza0007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can highly recommend these - from 192mbs to 198mbs peak upload and similar for download!

Keep the plugs to their own sockets (no extensions or multi-plugs).

I use CAT 6 cable for the connection to my PS3 (which didn't like the supplied CAT 5 cable). I also use the same cable for LAPTOP connection.

If I was to pick fault it would be that sometimes they don't speak and need to be switched off / on (easy enough). The supplied software is basic, with the monitor not recording data usage correctly. Of course this may differ on a nother machine. The plugs get quite warm in use, even in standby are warm (not energy efficient at all) - warrants a switch off from me.

If you already have cables, its actually cheaper to buy two of the single sockets (and then hunt for a 5% off voucher).

Glad I bought this over the Netgear equivalent which they are fully recalling due to fire risk! Scary stuff. I'm steering clear of this brand, their products don't play nice with me.

Happy Networking - Geeza :thumbsup: