Devolo 500 (No internet connection)

CactusJack33

Novice Member
Reaction score
They were working perfectly, with my adapter plugged into a socket right next to my Sky Hub, and my booster on the top floor. My brother restarted the internet and after that it no longer works, the adapter’s light is flashing green and so is my Devolo’s green house light, I’ve tried updating three firmware, resetting/restarting them, restarting the sky box, using different ethernet ports and cables and also trying to ‘sync’ them right next to each other, with absolutely 0 success. Any help would be much appreciated.

Firstly, are you sure that the problem is with the homeplugs and not the the router setup? If you connect a device directly to the router, not via the Devolos, do you get internet access OK?

Last edited:
Firstly, are you sure that the problem is with the homeplugs and not the the router setup? If you connect a device directly to the router, not via the Devolos, do you get internet access OK?
Yeah, all my other devices connected perfect, it was just after a restart did the devolos not connect

Does Devolo Cockpit show that they can 'see' each other?

It almost looks like they have become unpaired from each other even though you've factory reset them both. If a factory reset and set up from scratch doesn't work I'm at a bit of a loss what to suggest. However, if all else fails, the UK Devolo helpline number is here.

Just out of interest, why did your brother 'restart the internet'? What was the problem he was trying to resolve?

Last edited:
Does Devolo Cockpit show that they can 'see' each other?

It almost looks like they have become unpaired from each other even though you've factory reset them both. If a factory reset and set up from scratch doesn't work I'm at a bit of a loss what to suggest. However, if all else fails, the UK Devolo helpline number is here.

Just out of interest, why did your brother 'restart the internet'? What was the problem he was trying to resolve?
It was just slow so he restarted it (usually works with our router) and yeah, only the wifi extender bit, not the main adapter shows on cockpit, and a full reset didn’t work

It was just slow so he restarted it (usually works with our router) and yeah, only the wifi extender bit, not the main adapter shows on cockpit, and a full reset didn’t work

Could you try another ethernet cable or try plugging it into a different port on the router on the non-working Devolo?

Although I up until recently I had Devolos installed (I've recently gone for TP-Link AV1300s) it is a long time since I've set them up.

Have you tried adding the unseen / non working Devolo to the network using Cockpit?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom