Devils Rejects Unrated

KevD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the R1 release of this film 1 or 2 discs? All the usual sites only have one listing leading me to think its not going to be released as both a 1 disc and 2 disc DVD.
Movietyme have it as a 2 disc, CD Wow list it as one disc and Play USA dont say, they usually do if 2 disc I think.
Yet they all list the same extras. Anyone know for sure what is being released.

Is the movie any good, I have seen this advertised and wasnt to sure. :confused:

Seth Gecko said:
It is definitely a 2 disk edition - see the link below

Cheers Seth :thumbsup: , didn't want to think I was missing out on anything!

Saw it at the cinema in the week. It pretty visceral with some horrific violence, which is nice. Plot wise, not a lot happening. To me its an ode to the old classic Serge Leonne (sp?) movies with a hint of 'The Hills have eyes' etal.

Lots of close up work, good music and Rob Zombies lady :)

I enjoyed it :)

Razor said:
Is the movie any good, I have seen this advertised and wasnt to sure. :confused:

I liked the first one (House Of 1000 Corpses) and thought that this was a huge step forward in Rob Zombies abilities.

I give this film :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: out of a possible 5

lovemunkey187 said:
I liked the first one (House Of 1000 Corpses) and thought that this was a huge step forward in Rob Zombies abilities.

I give this film :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: out of a possible 5

Sounds worth checking out. Cheers :clap: :clap: :clap:

lovemunkey187 said:
Cheers for that :smashin: This is the reason I wanted to see this, I really enjoyed 1000 Corpes hopefully this will be as good :thumbsup:

House of 1000 Corpses, has some good moments but clearly Rob still had a way to go. I've had a punt on Devil's Rejects because it's meant to be a better movie.

House of 1000 Corpses, has some good moments but clearly Rob still had a way to go

He sure does. However, at the moment he seems to be one of the most honest film makers out there. I read a great interview with him the other day. He considers himself nothing other than fledgling. In my opinion, he could turn out to be another Tarantino so long as he has the dialouge there for him.

As a film maker, he is clearly old school and personally, I think that is a good thing. We need film makers like him around. That said, I would be interested in seeing him direct something other than 'extreme gore' after all, it can wear a bit thin after a while.

Pete.

Captain Benefit said:
He sure does. However, at the moment he seems to be one of the most honest film makers out there. I read a great interview with him the other day. He considers himself nothing other than fledgling. In my opinion, he could turn out to be another Tarantino so long as he has the dialouge there for him.

As a film maker, he is clearly old school and personally, I think that is a good thing. We need film makers like him around. That said, I would be interested in seeing him direct something other than 'extreme gore' after all, it can wear a bit thin after a while.

Pete.

I'd like to see his version of what The Crow sequel would've been like :eek:

Rubbish, most probably. I've just sat through that Eddie Furlong effort, which made me laugh. A bit.

The problem with Zombie is that he's got no style of his own - he's pastiche all the way, and not even a pastiche style that he riffs on or subverts with parody.

Gruesome and very disturbing.:eek:

Overall though I loved it. Cheers for the heads up. :D

Saw this cheerful festive movie this last week. Although his craft has improved no end since House of 1000 Corpses, I prefered the first film to this one. The first was a straight horror, this was a Road movie, and I don't think it worked as well for the below reasons.

Spoilers below:

To make the film a Road movie in the vein of a Bonnie & Clyde, Thelma & Louise, even Natural Born Killers, it is essential that you are able to remotely empathise with the "bad guys" being pursued. The level of heinous violence dished to the Country & Western group (partcularly the mother) just left me waiting for them to get what they had coming. While this is fine for the first half of the film, it rendered the last hour of the movie redundant where the bounty hunters were tracking them down and they sought refuge at the Whore-house. When the Rejects became the victims, I just didn't care about them, or their situation. I also felt that they lost some of their "indestructible mystique" when Otis in particular was taken down so easily by the (admittedly huge) bounty hunter.

Sadistic murderers you can empathise with: Marv from Sin City.

Sadistic murderers you can't empathise with: The Devil's Rejects.

Just my two-penneth.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom